The Diesel Garage banner

DPtuner

2K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  midwestoffroad 
#1 ·
i was thinkin about gettin an f5 tuner, but not sure which tunes to get...
i do pull often, and want better mileage,and have to have the 140 smoke tune just to smoke out all cummins out here in west texas, any advice, i only want three to four maybe five tunes...thanks :shrug:

#5 ·
by looking at ur signature ur truck is just like mine almost...
do you plan on getting a different tuner like the dp?

#8 ·
i got a dp no start,stock,if you tow get the 60 tow or 80 tow everyone should have the 80 econo cus well diesel is more than gold. i got the 120 race and 140 smoke like both jody and diane are super to deal with once i had a problem with my truck and jody called me back at 8 pm on a sunday night to try and help me out with my problem. my friend thats service you can't buy!!!!! now i know there are other people that sell chips/progamers but jody and diane tipton @dp will get my money forever

#10 ·
hey d 96 call and talk with jody 828-221-0076 tell him what you pull how you pull etc and he will set you up

#11 ·
^^^ i agree call and talk to Jody, he will ask you what you use your truck for and he will suggest what you should go with.

I have no start, high idle, stock, 60 tow., 80 econo. and 120 race

#12 ·
Talk to jody and his wife they know everything about these trucks and are a great help and have the best customer service i've ever come in contact with. I have 60tow 80eco. 120race and 140agressive and i had jody put in a shift tune in all of them so it shifts like it has a valve body in it. I love it. I still need to get it calibrated for my 35" tires but i have noticed a 3 to 3.5 mpg gain on my dummy screen.

#13 ·
thanks everybody for yalls input ill give jody a call next week
im certainly getting a dptuner

#14 ·
1highstroke said:
I still need to get it calibrated for my 35" tires but i have noticed a 3 to 3.5 mpg gain on my dummy screen.
:popcorn:
I'm really doubting that you're actually seeing that gain. These chips are known to screw with the lie-o-meter. Hand calculate it and it probably won't be more than 1-1.5 MPG different.

#16 ·
before i was always a couple miles per gallon better than the lie-o-meter but that was before 35" tires and my odomerter and shift points are off now so i won't be able to calculate it by hand until i get that calibrated

#17 ·
dont try and calc the mpg it is f***in depressing know mater who's chip you have

#18 ·
midwestoffroad said:
i know i am 3 mpg to the worse from the lie-o-meter
That's kind of what I figured. Most people that put chips in see the lie-o-meter go up a good bit, and mileage stay the same or just change slightly. Ask Erik Courtney (orangepstroke). I believe his lie-o-meter said something like 34 on a highway trip, and hand calculated was like 18-19.

#19 ·
hey john lookin at yr sig it doesnt look like you have a chip where are you comming up with your numbers on mpg over stock with a chip?

#20 ·
The day i bought my truck on the way home i reset the lie-o-meter and it showed 26.9mpg :lol

after i had a truspeed installed it brought that number to a more realistic one. with my 36" tires. it still reads higher than actually.

I say get or borrow a gps and the next trip, see how far the odometer is off. 1 mile wont cut it. you need to drive 10-100 miles for a more accurate calculation. i would guess with 35s your going to see the odometer off 1 tenth

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.