FS/FT 1999 Dodge Ram 2500 TWIN TURBO Cummins 4x4 NORTH GA - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com

Thread Details Posted by Strictly gravy, this thread has received 0 replies and been viewed 1967 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 12-21-2010, 01:53 AM Thread Starter
Giggity Giggity

FS/FT 1999 Dodge Ram 2500 TWIN TURBO Cummins 4x4 NORTH GA

I am tossing around the idea of getting rid of my truck. I dont have to get rid of it, but just seeing what is out there, mainly trade, with more cabin room(4 true doors or SUV)

1999 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 extended cab Twin Turbo Cummins 5 speed with 190k-ish miles. I still drive it every day, so the mileage will change. HX40 turbo over an HX50 turbo(45-50 psi), 150 hp injectors, edge juice with attitude, Air Dog 150 gph fuel pump, brand new 1/2" fuel line from the tank to the injection pump(installed December 12th) Newer NV4500 5 speed transmission with bigger input shaft from a 6 speed and 5 speed gear nut fixed, valair clutch rated to 600hp, newer 285/75-16 all terrain tires, aftermarket wheels, 5" Miter cut stacks in the bed, spray in bedliner in bed and on rocker panels, the entire front end steering components have been redone in the past 2 years(no usual dodge steering wheel slop), 5th wheel hitch in bed, brand new front receiver hitch, boost, fuel pressure, and pyro gauges on a-pillar, aftermarket stereo with mp3 capability and aux input for ipod, 4 channel amp with front speakers hooked up, aftermarket speakers in all 4 corners, Realtree Camo seat covers, manual front axle engagement so you dont have to rely on vacuum for the front axle to engage. Cobra CB radio with whips in both corners of the bed. Im sure there is more I am forgetting, but if I do remember anything, I will post it up. I also have the receipts for the past 4 or so years of maintenance, etc.

The downside to it is that the truck came from Ohio so there is rust bubbling on the rockers, bottom of the doors, and fenders. It also a small leak in the headgasket(and I mean small). I bought it in February this year, drove it back from Ohio, drove it all summer, even up to Chicago and back, and have only in the past few weeks had to fill the overflow bottle back up. No overheating, even in traffic on 85 in the middle of august. Also, the drivers side seat recline is broken, but I have not changed it as I am the only one that drives it, and its where I would have the seat.

Driveability wise, it is awesome. The steering is quick and precise. The transmission goes through the gears nicely, and has no problem handling the power. And, as far as power, its INSANE for what it is. I have not had it dynoed, but i have a good assumption that is putting down at least 450-500whp and over 1000 ft/lbs of torque. First and second gear are slow due to the gearing and size of the turbos, but once you get into third gear, hold on. It will run on the highway with 5.7 GTOs with bolt ons, and will break the back tires loose at 60 mph. And, for those of you that like to 'roll coal', this truck wont disappoint. The plate isnt 'ROLNCOL' for nothing.

Now, as far as what I am looking for. Yes, I will sell it outright. $13000 OBO, but please dont waste my time with offers and I wont waste yours. However, I would prefer to trade. I dont have any cash to put in, so whenever I say "plus cash," thats on your end, not mine. And If you are bringing a trade to the table, please be mindful of my asking price.

I need a daily driver in good shape(mechanical and body wise). If a truck/SUV, it must be 4x4, 4 true doors(if a pickup), or be a fullsize SUV, or a car that is faster than the G8 GT in the garage(361 hp). Here is what I am looking for: 72-85 Ramcharger / Ram / Powerwagon (susp lift, at least a newer 360+, diesel swap a HUUUUUUUUUGE plus, 4 speed or built auto, NO EMISSIONS) plus cash, K5 Blazer/jimmy(67-86, newer 350 or bigger/diesel, lifted, same tranny as RC, NO EMISSIONS) plus cash, Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban(prefer 2000 or newer, lifted, or at least Z71, 5.3 or bigger, Straight axle swap is a BIG +++++, and 2500 suburban a plus), RAM SRT10 6 speed 4 door(no 4x4 obviously), 2003 or newer Ram 1500/2500 with at least a Hemi or Cummins(NO 4.7, if diesel, prefer 03-04.5), Susp Lifted Durango with a 360(no exceptions here, SAS a big +++++), Silverado/Trailblazer SS, Chevy/GMC 1500/2500(2000 or newer, 6.0 or diesel is a big ++++++), 67-72 Chevy(no GMC) C10 SWB(must be in very good condition/NO RUST, and have a newer motor, 350+,) plus cash, and there is a SLIIIIIIIIM chance of me taking a Ford. Must be F250/F350 SRW, 7.3 diesel, 4 door, 4x4, lifted, a manual or FULLY built auto, and have some performance mods. If you have anything else you think I may be interested in, let me know. but as I said, be mindful of my asking price and criteria.

Also, in lieu of a plus cash trade, I may consider a big bore(500+ CC) 4x4 utility ATV(Brute Force 650/750, Grizzly 660/700, Polaris Sportsman 700/800/850)

As far as what I dont want, and these are no exceptions: No jeeps, No Broncos, F150s, no flat beds, no duallies, no work trucks, Nothing foreign, No junk

Lastly, NO JOYRIDERS AND NO TIRE KICKERS. I will not just toss you the keys when you come out. The offer has to be on the table before anyone but me drives it, and to avoid tire kickers/joyriders, I am insisting on a $50 CASH fully refunded deposit before you climb in the drivers seat.

Sorry for the pictures, they are from when I bought the truck in March of this year, but I will take more asap.

You will get a quicker response from email: greg(dot)dubin(at)gmail(dot)com

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/2120430821.html

2000 QCSB - Suncoast triple disk, Shift kit, Isspro gauges, 4" SS TB exhaust, Holley Blue, Silencer ring MIA, Banks(soon to be replaced with Edge Comp)
1988 K5 Blazer - 4" lift, 33's swampers, sm-465, 350 tbi
1972 Dodge Poweragon - 318, sm435: getting a new heart and a paint job

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode