Can a drug addict fully recover without going to rehab? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by freestown7, this thread has received 4 replies and been viewed 101 times.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Masha Esina

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-14-2020, 09:01 AM Thread Starter

Cool Can a drug addict fully recover without going to rehab?

Can a drug addict fully recover without going to rehab?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-16-2020, 08:34 AM

I very SERIOUSLY doubt it. Addiction brings out your “false” self. At the same time addiction can be appealing. Depending on your frame of mind your in. Back when I was naive , I thought I was immune to addiction. I hit rock bottom before I realized how ate up I had become. Addiction can make a depressed person feel ”normal”. Addiction can be excited bc you feel “invisible.” Addiction can be soothing to a person who has low self-esteem. Addiction can be soothing bc you know whatever your addicted to is always there and will never judge you. Addiction can give a person something (temporarily ) to look forward to in life. Especially in the beginning when you become excited at your next chance to getting your “fix”. Addiction will make a honest person become a liar, cheater, & a thief. Addiction is very consuming that it is ALL you think about 24/7. No one else exists or matters except you desperately trying to get your “fix”. I hid it for years, and now I'm ashamed at my level of selfisness. I know I definitely didn't wake up one day and decide on becoming an addict. I chose the drug addict path but I wasn't my typical self. My brain had been hijacked by the synthetic dopamines. It wasn't until counseling and staying busy that I was able to stay sober with the help of Subutex. To quit cold turkey requires some will power.
freestown7 likes this.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-16-2020, 08:36 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

What are his options then?
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-16-2020, 09:47 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Any recommendations?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-17-2020, 06:13 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masha Esina View Post
I very SERIOUSLY doubt it. Addiction brings out your “false” self. At the same time addiction can be appealing. Depending on your frame of mind your in. Back when I was naive , I thought I was immune to addiction. I hit rock bottom before I realized how ate up I had become. Addiction can make a depressed person feel ”normal”. Addiction can be excited bc you feel “invisible.” Addiction can be soothing to a person who has low self-esteem. Addiction can be soothing bc you know whatever your addicted to is always there and will never judge you. Addiction can give a person something (temporarily ) to look forward to in life. Especially in the beginning when you become excited at your next chance to getting your “fix”. Addiction will make a honest person become a liar, cheater, & a thief. Addiction is very consuming that it is ALL you think about 24/7. No one else exists or matters except you desperately trying to get your “fix”. I hid it for years, and now I'm ashamed at my level of selfisness. I know I definitely didn't wake up one day and decide on becoming an addict. I chose the drug addict path but I wasn't my typical self. My brain had been hijacked by the synthetic dopamines. It wasn't until counseling and staying busy that I was able to stay sober with the help of Subutex. To quit cold turkey requires some will power.
Thanks a lot for the reply. We have found solution actually. My nephew went for help to this drug addiction helpline https://addictionresource.com/drug-rehab/free-rehabs/ and should say it was the best decision he has ever made. You see, no one should go through it alone. The support is the must on the way to your recovery.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode