Bargman Breakaway? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by MoeB, this thread has received 3 replies and been viewed 888 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
King Of Farts

Bargman Breakaway?

Bought a GN horse trailer that has a Bargman 2430 Breakaway box on it. I'd like to replace the battery since the trailer's 10 yrs old, but I can't find any info on this unit or what kind of battery it needs. I guess I could open it and look, but is Bargman still even making these? Maybe I should I just get another one that has a test button. Any suggestions?

Thanks

2004 Ford F250 PSD Lariat CrewCab 4x4 -- Built 04/04
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 07:55 PM
Bouncer

You can pick up replacement batteries on Ebay for breakaway controllers. As long as it will fit in the box and is 12v, then it will work.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-04-2008, 01:56 AM

I just installed a TAP "Engager" breakaway kit.....you can get them online or at Northern Tool. The kit consists of a battery with charger and the breakaway switch for about $50.00. The nice thing is when you wire it to your trailer aux power, it charges while you drive...no need for dead battery worries....

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-04-2008, 10:23 AM Thread Starter
King Of Farts
Threadstarter

Yeah, TSC has the Engagers also. I may get one eventually, but this Bargman battery seems to still have enough juice for now. I pulled the pin and it held the brakes, no problem. It's wired in where it gets recharged, too. I guess they last a long time if they never get used.

2004 Ford F250 PSD Lariat CrewCab 4x4 -- Built 04/04

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode