The Diesel Garage banner

B&W 5th wheel

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  sexytrkr 
#1 ·
has anyone ever used the gooseneck to 5th wheel on a B&W? where it drops into the GN. I cant remember the name. Just wondering if i can use that to pull 5th wheels or if i should get the rail system.

#3 ·
yea, i just read the post about the 5th wheel to GN adaptors and everyone likes their B&W campanions...i think i'll go ahead and get one.

#4 ·
I don't think you will regret it by any means. out of all the hitches I have seen/used the quality of B & W's products are 2nd to none. I don't think I would go back to any draw bar after using my B&W tow-n-stow..#1 in my book. Everyone I have talked to about the companion has nothing but good things to say about them.

#5 ·
:thumbsup Got the companion on order. Thanks for the help guys. I have the GN obviously, and have used it once. i LOVE the turnover part of it. Just gotta keep the dirt out of the hole.

#6 ·
Shop around on the net and you can find some really good deals that might pay for shipping also. I have one and love it.

#8 ·
ok, got it put in today....except my truck has the el-chepo ford plastic bedliner and the companion doesnt seem to sit low enough....a couple inches between the "draw bolt" and the part that goes where the GN ball was...hope that makes since...

#9 ·
There should be two holes in the square bar that goes in where your gooseneck ball fits.. One of those is there just for use with bedliners...

#11 ·
Good info, they are great as long you don't need to have the sliding one, or is there a model for that to. My RBW is the slide in type that is 15 years old. Had to replace the Spring last year. I installed it on 4 trucks so far

#12 ·
I have a companion 5ver hitch as well and i really like it alot. easy in and easier out. only thing I don't like about it is that the top plate never sits the way it should with the opening side of plate lower than front. Its always tilting the wrong way.

#13 ·
mine does that also...VERY frusterating at times. Since i hook up to about 5 5th wheels (or more) a week, it gets old having to prop the handle up to make it face the right way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.