The Diesel Garage banner

Thinking about GMC Kodiac 4500. Need Info.

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  AzMac 
#1 ·
I'm thinking about getting a Kodiac 4500 D/A 4x2 crew cab.
What I'm wondering is if there are any special tunes or if anyone has written any on EFI to work with the med duty engine calibration? also how hard would it be to unlock the extra gear on the allison as they dont seem to offer the "six speed" in the 45-5500.
I dont want to get crazy with it........ much, bit will definately be bored with bone stock. I'd consider doing some programing and brobably and aftermarket turbo like BD sells. Any help?:shrug:

#4 ·
So EFI is out for now at least. Anything else?
I see you have an express van Joey. Is it rated the same as the pickups or is it derated also?

#5 ·
Only thing I've seen for 06's is from PPE, not sure if it's a new computer flash, or the duramaximizer. Appearantly, the 06 has a different connector plug than the 05 & earlier.

#7 ·
Does anyone know what the duramaximizer does in relation to rail pressure/timing/duration?:thanks:

#9 ·
So is there a gear in there, but it just won't let you go into it? Like a permanant O/D off button? That sucks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.