VPM won't talk! - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Harley1994, this thread has received 0 replies and been viewed 1790 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 01:15 PM Thread Starter

Garage
VPM won't talk!

I have a 1997 International 4700 with a DT466E 175 hp, its an old Ryder truck. I purchased it from a co. that didn't change the trany filter and it rusted out and the driver nursed it home burning out the clutches. I replaced the trany, (MT543) and started to reconfigure it into a Toter to pull my 5th wheel Toyhauler. The truck seemed to run okay, starts very good even in cold weather, I never drove it with a load. I went to pick up my 5th wheel from storage and I live on top of a pretty steep set of hills, long story short I didn't think I would make it up the hills, no power at all. the trailer weighs 10,000lbs. I know 175 hp is not alot, but I had a S Model Int. before with a 6.9 natural and it pulled better. I got to thinking that maybe it had codes and that was a possible problem, I checked and there was 8 different codes related to the trany problem, I cleared the codes changed the fuel filter and drove the truck without the trailer, (by the way it only made 12lbs of boost before also) with the codes gone it did pull better had 19lbs of boost and went over the top of the hill 10mph faster. pulled the codes when I got back and there is one, 223 VPM not communicating with ECM. My question is where do I go from here? Sorry for so long a post but trying to give as much info as I can

1997 International 4700 DT466E Toter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode