No Hazards, No Turn Signals on Intl 4700 - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by WOT1600, this thread has received 2 replies and been viewed 3147 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-26-2016, 10:00 PM Thread Starter

No Hazards, No Turn Signals on Intl 4700

Hi, newbie here, good mechanic though.

I'm rebuilding a slightly wrecked 1997 International 4700LP DT466 Allison air ride 5th wheel RV Toter.

Engine runs great, most everything works properly. We built a bed on the back and I'm hooking up tail lights and clearance lights and:

the hazard lights and the turn signal lights don't work front or rear.

I'm pretty good at chasing electrical, have a grounded probe light, a Fluke DMM, tested continuity on my test leads, have a buzzer to hear the lights working, etc...

The truck does have running lights/clearance lights/headlights/taillights.

I checked the fuses/breakers and it appears the entire top row of relays and the blinker/flasher module are not there, except the first two relays on the left = Alarm and Marker Light Relay. (makes sense, right?)

There are lots of additional relays on the ends of wires that sit on top of the fuse panel. I haven't dug into them yet. Figured I'd seek the knowledge of an Intl 4700 pro.

Do the top row of relays and the blinker/flasher can need to be in the sockets?

The following relays seem to be missing:
ABS Power, Stop Light, Trailer L Turn, Trailer R Turn and the Flasher Module.

The Flasher module has power on one of it's two legs and doesn't change when the hazard button is pushed in. No power on leg 2 at any time.

All the breakers look OK. I pushed the black buttons and nothing changed.

I'm calling my local Intl parts dept. and see what they see on their diagram for the relays and blinker module. I suspect just about any 2 prong flasher will work, but obviously there are other relays that may complete the circuit.

Looking forward to your thoughts.

Thanks from Lovelock, NV USA

Last edited by WOT1600; 07-26-2016 at 10:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-27-2016, 12:53 AM

Without the flasher module you won't get anything.
Try to buy a heavy duty or electronic one.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jasong For this addition to TDG:
WOT1600 (07-27-2016)
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-27-2016, 01:16 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Thanks Jasong. I found an old Wagner flasher can in my spare parts bin and plugged it in and the hazards and turn signals are working now. I'll get a good heavy duty flasher tomorrow when I go to the big city for parts. I will also get the relays for the trailer turn signals and stop lights and the ABS - not sure if it has ABS, need to look for sensors and chopper wheels on the hubs, pump, etc... Anyway, looks like they're all the same Hella relay in all positions. Should be functional on truck and trailer lighting circuits tomorrow. THANKS!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode