379 Pete C15 code question - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by YZ2009, this thread has received 0 replies and been viewed 445 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 11-16-2016, 01:09 AM Thread Starter

379 Pete C15 code question

We've got a 2007 Pete 379 with a Cat C15. I've been dealing with the pyro gauge reading all over the place (high, low, gets stuck). I've changed both the gauge and the probe with no change. I shot the turbos with a heat gun on this truck and another identical truck and the temps are the same on both even when the gauge runs higher.

I've pretty much come to the conclusion it's either a computer issue (the truck has the Pete multiplex gauges) or a chafed wire somewhere. I've got a new probe/analog gauge in the mail I'm going to install to be certain the EGTs are normal. But that brings me to my question.

When the EGTs get over 1200 degrees there is a light that comes on on the pyro gauge. Would there also be any fault codes stored in the computer?

Today a driver was using the truck weighing in close to 120k and said the gauge was all over the place and he said it felt like the truck was almost going into limp mode. (But it was also a very heavy load up hills so it could just be the weight).

If the truck goes into limp mode will there be a check engine? Will any codes be stored?

Also anyone have a way of checking codes. I tried key on truck off, cruise control on, and press and hold set/resume but it didn't flash any fault codes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode