Big cam snap test - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by ParkerFly, this thread has received 1 replies and been viewed 677 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 04:23 AM Thread Starter
Pulling Sled for hire

Big cam snap test

Can someone point me toward what tools and process I need to do a snap test on my Big Cam 1? I've turned it up and want to see where my pressures are at. Thanks,

Justin

Heartbreaker 2 Pulling Sled - http://heartbreakersled.webs.com

1997 F-250 Power Stroke - 290k
463 hp - 7-9-09
BDP/Casserly Stage 2's, Mod H2E, Stealth Stage 2, BDP fuel system, Comp 910s, 7.3 ic, BDP live tuned
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 02:26 AM

Radiator pressure tester. Replace the hose assembly with a pushloc one and a #4 male JIC on the end. Connect that to the end of the steel line that screws on to the after cooler. Pump it up to 20 PSI and run the engine to full throttle quickly. Snap pressure is maximum before the governor cuts it back.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode