DTC retrieving/clearing - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by almost lost, this thread has received 1 replies and been viewed 451 times.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By burkeftm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-12-2018, 09:21 PM Thread Starter

DTC retrieving/clearing

Hello tdg Pros. I hope someone can give me some help on this I've got a 2002 International 4300 set up as a rollback. I'm looking for information on retrieving and clearing diagnostic trouble codes for the engine and body what are the procedures 4 each and is there a list of the definitions for those codes? Mainly I'm looking to get anything old cleared out so I can have a new baseline to maybe give some direction to go on a few issues I'm having the first of which is a new problem I'm having since replacing both the supply and return fuel lines from the tank to the engine due to a failure of one of the original lines which resulted in a pretty severe fuel leak. all the lights are flashing on my instrument panel rocker switches. This is a 6-pack of switches whicch feed to the rpm located on the battery box. Everything worked correctly before the lines were replaced. And as far as I know none of the system was interfered with during replacement of those lines. I have double and triple check all my connections and made sure I didn't pinch any wires since I did have to remove the doghouse cover. Does any one know what all the lights flashing are an indication of, on this system?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-14-2018, 04:48 AM

To get your codes ,turn your ignition on ,wait for the dash gauges to self check (sweep) then push your cruise control on button and the other switch on the steering wheel (set and accel ) button at the same time.(the set accel button you want to push the lower side) your led screen should then show faults,you can scroll thru the faults by pushing the little knob on the cluster (the one that changes from odometer to trip odometer) That should give you the codes.If i remember correctly to clear the inactive codes you then push and hold the cruise on button and the opposite switch top side Hope this helps Bob
Jasong likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode