The Diesel Garage banner

Mechanical 3406c

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  OnsiteScott 
#1 ·
Could you help me make this 3046C come to life?
I have a troubled 3046C mechanical that has no id tag on top of valve cover.
but a block stamp of 7XC06459
I pulled nozzles #OR3587 out of all 6 holes and then i scoped pistons to id them as IDP 1010016
which shows a 16.4:1 comp.
the injection pump has a 7e5888 casting
and a stamped 6I3060 NUDA on the top plate.
we currently have the S430SX turbo
Timing pinned at the flywheel and the inj. pump at the same time as far as dropping a bolt in the holes

No what I do know is it was a dog when trying to pull. the young farmer pulls gravel trains and it wasn;t anything to write home about as far as performance goes. low egts, and low coolant temps as well as some haze out of stacks. I didn;t get a fuel pressure reading, which I regret now.
I pulled inj. pump and want to send it out to shop to be checked. and have the nozzles tested.
Is there a good combination that you know of that will bring this old girl to life?
I feel bad for this young kid as far as he bought this truck from another farmer, and I think the problem child has just been passed around to who ever will take it.
I sure appreciate anything you can help me with this and if you need any more information, I'll do my best to provide it
Thank you

See less See more
#4 ·
sounds like a fuel problem, fuel line restriction , check lift pump pressure , check the mod section there are a lot of write ups on turning up 3406 a b c up, over 450 hp is pretty much the norm for that motor, you have to check the arr. #, to see what pistons are in the motor

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.