The Diesel Garage banner

university of northwestern ohio

1K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Chris88 
#1 ·
I took a trip out to ohio this weekend and it was pretty good. Went to unoh for an open house. What a beatiful shop they have there. They have diesel programs, auto, high performance and alternative fuels. The high performance building is AMAZING. Does anybody have any experiance with this school? Its in Lima, ohio. A nice 11 hour ride from jersey. Got to see a detroit series 60 run on an engine dyno. that was pretty cool.

#2 ·
A foremen of mine over the summer had gone to northwestern, and he said it was a pretty good school. I go to Pennsylvania College of Technology, for diesel tech and electric power generation tech, It's been a great expirence for me and the instructors here all know their stuff. Plus we got a 61 B model mack drag truck we're building :sly: :Thumbup:

#4 ·
one of my buddys is going to UNOH this up coming year for high performance

#6 ·
Glad you had a safe trip. Too bad you didn't have a few extra minutes to stop by the house and check out my B model. Coulda given ya a few shift'n lessons LOL!!!

#7 ·
Freightrain said:
Glad you had a safe trip. Too bad you didn't have a few extra minutes to stop by the house and check out my B model. Coulda given ya a few shift'n lessons LOL!!!
Where about did you say you were? I was surprised to see a lot of dumps out there had 3 tag axles. What weight can they run with 6 axles on a dump? I bought a truck trader out there and they have a 1957 b model with2 other cabs for 2k in deerfield,oh. My B probably wont hit the road for another 2 years or so but I'm sure it will be fun on the first time out tryin to keep it in the right gear.

#8 ·
Deerfield is about hour east of me. Haven't heard about that one?
I'm in North Canton, basically intersection of Rt 77 and Rt 62. Look for Akron/Canton Airport on the map and that's me.

As for legal weights.........don't have a clue. Never had to deal with it so I can't give you any information. We have ALOT of 5-7 axle trucks running around here.

#9 ·
I took rt76 to rt71 to rt30 and that put us out in lima. We went right through akron. Seems like a nice area out there. A lot of farms and woods, not used to that in jersey. Id much rather be out in the middle of nowhere then in a congested area though.

#10 ·
Ya, you passed just north of me when you got into Akron and the interchange. This area, south of Akron is really sprouting up with housing. All the farmers fields are being bought up and built on(sucks).

20 yrs ago, Canton was a nice town, now it's turning into little Los Angeles! Our state tree is the orange barrel LOL! Can't drive anywhere without congestion and back ups.

#11 ·
Im 15 minutes from new york city you dont have to tell me about congestion and back ups. lol .It seems like once you get outside of the citys and bigger towns out there its just farmland. Thats deffinatly nice to see. I'll find out how i did on that scholarship test i took either tommorow or friday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.