CNG John Deere 8.1? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by scosol, this thread has received 4 replies and been viewed 5310 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 06:28 AM Thread Starter

CNG John Deere 8.1?

Hi all-

New to the forum but seems like there's a lot of good people and good knowledge here.
Anyone got any experience with the JD 8.1 CNG? I know it's solid in diesel form but the CNG engine was only available for a short while and then was discontinued- so there's seems to be not much information about them floating around.
The bottom end appears to be the same while the top end appears to be a monstrosity- and mine has 450k.
I've got a T444E with 150k as well and I'm trying to plan on which will explode first.
Would love to hear any thoughts or advice than can be offered
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 06:51 AM
Euro Sparky/ Wrencher

Le Gaz naturel JD verison a eu l'habitude d'être popuar réel avec le car de ramassage scolaire useage et un certain bus de la ville et juste une main pleine de camions locaux, mais rien plus que cela.

Essentiellement c'est 250 moteur de Cheval-vapeur.

Si je me le rappelle le droit la durée d'utilisation de gaz naturel verison devrait être la même comme le diesel.

La raison d'exchat pourquoi ils partent je n'est pas sûre pourquoi mais certains disent l'emmison et d'autre énonciation des parties pour le matériel de moteur et lié.

The JD Natural gas verison used to be real popuar with school bus useage and some city bus and just a hand full of local trucks but nothing more than that.

Basically it is 250 Horsepower engine.

If I remember it right the service life of natural gas verison should be the same as diesel.

Excat reason why they drop out I am not sure why but some say the emmison and other saying about the parts for the engine and related hardware.

Merci,Marc

Pas de problème,il marche n'est-ce pas?"(No problem, it works doesn't it?)
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 07:03 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Thanks Marc-

These are both small 30' in-town shuttle buses so each have seen hard miles but I'm conflicted because the T444E is seemingly reliable but being sleeveless isn't really meant for 1M+ miles- while the JD could be rebuilt 10 times and last 60 years but if the CNG-specific parts are expensive it can quickly become a wash.
I will shortly own them both and each can tow the other without a problem but I'm trying to decide which to put the $1500 3" hitch-> pintle -> military towbar on to first.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 07:45 AM
Euro Sparky/ Wrencher

Avez-vous dit le gaz naturel T444E verison ? Si pour que soient une conversion du diesel droit au gaz natual qui a appelé 30G la série {je peux avoir tort avec celui-ci} et je n'ai pas voir qu'un pendant quelque temps.
Cependant le T444E fonctionne vraiment quelque part de 190 à 230 Cheval-vapeur je n'ai pas l'exchat specs avec le gaz naturel verison et oui vous avez raison que ce n'est pas la manche verison donc ils devraient exécuter la vie assez bonne avec mantanice approprié.

Avec le moteur JD oui c'est un moteur de manche humide si facile à reconstruit.

Comme loin pour la partie à gaz natrual compressée je ne pense pas que vous aurez le problème majeur de trouver les parties dues des bus de plus en plus de la ville sont allready est allé hybird {le mode duel ou tri} avec le diesel ou avec moteur à gaz natrual dans là

Comme loin pour performace le JD peut avoir un peu plus de pouvoir de côté idem avec le toqure.

Maintenant le pas suivant je suis assez sûr vous est conscient avec le remorquage gardent juste le surmené de si l'ont là {la plupart de bus de la ville bloque vraiment le surmené dû le niveau de vitesse n'est pas super haut à moins que le devoir de navette alors cela ne puisse le permettre}

Did you say T444E natural gas verison ? if so that is a conversion from straight diesel to natual gas that called 30G series { I may be wrong with this one } and I haven't see that one for a while.

However the T444E do run somewhere from 190 to 230 Horsepower I do not have the excat specs with natural gas verison and yes you are right it is non sleeve verison so they should run pretty good life with proper mantanice.

With JD engine yes it is a wet sleeve engine so easy to rebuilt.

As far for compressed natrual gas part I don't think you will have major problem to find the parts due more and more city buses are allready went hybird { dual or tri mode } with either diesel or natrual gas engine in there.

As far for performace the JD may have little more power edgewise ditto with the toqure.

Now next step I am pretty sure you are aware with towing just keep the overdrive off if have it there { most city bus do block the overdrive due the speed level is not super high unless shuttle duty then it may enable it }

Merci,Marc

Pas de problème,il marche n'est-ce pas?"(No problem, it works doesn't it?)
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 06:36 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Just for clarity, no, the T444E is just a normal diesel model. The deal is that instead of one large bus I got a small bus with the idea that I would pull a trailer, then instead decided to get another small bus so I've got two power units and if either one fails I can use it to pull the other

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode