The Diesel Garage banner

another dt 360 or 466 swap

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  nevrenufhp 
#1 ·
ok ill be getting a parts truck very soon haveing some trubble finding a dt360. so mabe going the 466 route. im looking to get help and ideas on this swap. i no it has been done but most of the threads sre dead hopeing to get some of those guys back.

#6 ·
A 360 is certainly going to be easier to fit in a pickup. If you have an IH truck(not a bus) with a 466, you would be better off putting a dually bed on it, vs swapping the 466 into a 3/4 or 1 ton pickup. You get a manly pickup, and no troubles from many months of swapping. Didnt I see this on FTE also? I think they say about the same thing with a 360. There's no real weak points on a 360, other than the pump being way too small(9.5 or 10mm plungers). But that's all stuff that can be replaced. I'm one of the biggest fans of any 466 swap, so I wont tell you not to do it. I will add, it is a major vehicle reconstruction!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.