466 in 2k Super Duty or ? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by kblackav8or, this thread has received 0 replies and been viewed 484 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-11-2018, 05:38 PM Thread Starter
I do all my own stunts

Send a message via MSN to kblackav8or
466 in 2k Super Duty or ?

I know this is the umpteenth thread on this going way back. Short history - I was pretty active in here for several years then sort of faded away with work and other projects. Now I have a chance to buy a frame cutoff from transmission to radiator - DT466 with a 5 speed spicer from the mid 80's MW pump engine. I think it is 200hp rated.

My end state is - 4x4 pickup ish daily driverable, RV/equipment tower. 300 reliable horsepower that doesn't smoke too much, gets somewhat reasonable MPG's in teens (right gearing it should be possible), gobs of pulling torque.

I am not entirely sold on hacking up my 2k. Keeping the wheelbase parking lot capable to some degree and frame height where I can tow a ordinary 5th wheel RV would be nice.

Is the block on the older 466's any different from the NGD engines? IE roller cam vs non. I know the front timing/accessory stuff is a bit different.

Not opposed to buying this 466 and later horse trading for a 360 which would be a much more straight forward swap.

Not in a hurry other then commit/not commit to buying the engine pack. My PSD 444 is starting to show some blowby or at least a noticeable amount of vapor at idle. Runs great otherwise.

Interested in your feedback and options for way ahead.

2000 F-250 PSD 6 speed 4x4 Lariat
1959 Kenworth CC 925 NTC-400 5x3 4.10 SQHD's
Myriad of parts and pieces in my garage

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode