The Diesel Garage banner

How much weight has your 6.4 towed?

11K views 47 replies 31 participants last post by  rollincoal97 
#1 ·
I just towed over 14,000 for about a two hour trip today. I had my truck tuned to tow mode with my SCT which made it seem like nothing. I was wondering how much weight rest of the members have towed around.

#8 ·
8,000...pretty low but it towed it great.

#9 · (Edited)
I've been at 32k GCWR many times. truck= 11000 lbs, 4 ton in the bed and pulling another 13000 lbs. It's easy to over load. And when I have those weights the truck shudders bad when taking off from a stop (axle wrap). Not short on power but I don't like the axle wrap.

BTW- I do not condone overloading. My truck has a 30k or 33k (can't remember) GCWR.

And in the pic the truck is not squating, it's just parked in a dip.

Attachments

#10 ·
I usually tow around 14k day to day with mine. No problem at all stock, but Spartan tuned it's amazing. 13mpg on a 200 mile trip towing around that weight yesterday.:thumbsup

#11 ·
26k gcvw on a regular basis.. it used to squat til i put the ride rite air bags on it lol...

#13 ·
23.5K, 200 mile tow

21k, 1500 mile tow, and a very nice parallel park if I do say so :thumbsup

#16 ·
Yea, but with the farm tags I rarely get looked at twice. The only time I was ever stopped was because a state trooper though my trailer was 40'+, which would require a CDL or farm tags on the truck too. That's why I had it custom made at 39'.

#18 ·
Yea their smiles disappear quick then they reach the end of their tape. :eek:wned

#19 ·
a 15k trailer and 20k of attitude

#21 ·
I run the Spartan 210 all the time. Tows great and mileage is 3-4 mpg better than stock. Not really saying alot though.

I tow a 28 GN equipment trailer. Like South Texas but shorter. Mine has the hydraulic dove tail on it. I haul 1 or 2 bobcats depending and a bunch of attachments and tools on it. With just the 1 bobcat on it scaled at 19,800 (trailer only), When I put the other Bobcat on it adds about 4K.

#22 ·
Ive done 17k and blown the boot off the lower intercooler tube. Running the 210 tune temps fine doing 70

#24 ·
I'm new to the garage and a new Ford owner looking for advice. I have an 08 F350 DWR 4X4 with 4.30's. I regularly tow around 15K. I love the truck but the mileage sucks. From what I read here, it sound like a Spartan tuner of some kind is the answer to better mileage. does this involve a chip change? I'm a complete dummy when it comes to tuners. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

#25 ·
use the search option and look for Spartan. Prob 50 threads on the topic.

#27 ·
15k Montana 5er here...don't even know it's back there.

:happymugs

#28 ·
26k GCWR

Moved 2 from the track to a dealership and 2 to Truck Toyz this past weekend. Yes they were wide loaded(12'6" wide). Made a couple people mad taking up 2 lanes getting to the locations.

Reactions: skeeter20
#30 ·
Did you ever manage to get the chains tight?

I hauled BigFoot from the mall to the fair grounds yeeeeeeeeeeears ago when they first came out with the triangulated frames. I kept walking the boomers up to tighten the truck down to the bed until the driver told me to stop. Here I had pulled the axles together by about a foot and the truck was 6" taller. I felt like a tool. All he did was laugh. They still have the pic in the Jo-Ann head office when you first walk in.

#31 ·
We strapped to the axle not the frame........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.