The Diesel Garage banner

P1693 codes (SOLO)

3K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Mopar1973Man 
#1 ·
I'm going to point out to everyone there is NO WAY to have just a P1693 code present during error code dumping. Yes the P1693 is a companion code and has no really meaning but...

"This code indicates there is more code present in the other computer" So if the P1693 is in the P PCU that means there is more codes present in the P ECU. So if there is a P1693 in the P ECU that means there is more codes present in the P PCU. Then even in rare cases seeing the P1693 code in both computers pointing out that both computers have codes. But there is NO WAY for the P1693 to be the only codes present during error code dump. It's totally impossible!

The reason I'm posting this is because it seem like everyone is cancelling out at the first P DONE thinking its done. WRONG! There is TWO computers in the truck.

P PCU = Powertrain Controller Unit (Passenger side firewall)
P ECU = Engine Controller Unit (Driver side of engine block)

You should always see both P PCU and P ECU displayed and 2 P DONE's in the display. If you want to see a video of this and how to properly do it please reffer to my web site and watch the video I produced so you can give us acurrate information on your problems your having with your truck.

Here is the page with the video of how its done...
OBD II Error Codes

Now the other thing is alot of people are getting error code from OBD II sites or from manuals with the scanners. I'll point out that any code over P1000 is a manufacture specific code that only applies to the that make and model of vehicle so please refer to a proper Factory service manual and get the proper codes. I've got some books listed on my site provided by PDFTown.com

Download PDF Dodge Ram 2001 Service Manual | PDFTown.com

As for 2nd Gen 24V error codes I copied the error code listing straight out of the Dodge FSM for our truck and made a short PDF file for viewing...

http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/pdf/error-codes.pdf

This will help us diagnose your problem quickly and properly. :peelout

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.