The Diesel Garage banner

Next upgrade?

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  MOPAR MAN 
#1 ·
Gents, I have a 99 2500 24v. edge box, 4" exhaust, intake,mag-hytec covers. Want to sometime get the truck to 400-500hp. What should be my next upgrade? I was thinking injectors....

#3 ·
upgrade trans before you add horsepower.

#6 ·
#5 ·
:whs

#8 ·
Anyone recommend a trans build up kit and where to find it?
Auto I HIGHLY recomend Goerend Transmissions they are great LIFETIME WARRANTY on the Torque Converter and Dave is a pretty awesome guy!!!!

Manual I like the guys up at South Bend, they help out pretty good and have great products, and hold up pretty good

both of them will sell you what you need and at a good price...no bull**** and beating around the bush

Nate

#9 ·
Thanks Man! Unfortunately i have an auto. Had it rebuilt at 98k,30k ago. Time to stop ignoring it! You do any roping on those horses of yours?

#11 ·
Make sure you have the supporting mods for fuel & trany. Fill out your sig so we can see what all you have done & what trans ect... After you do a good LP i.e. FASS or AirDog, & your trans if its a stick your stock clutch wont be lasting much longer (trust me iv been there) auto I would say at least a valve body & TQ converter, & maby a flex plate. But after that stuff is done. Than I would say its time for Injectors & turbo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.