The Diesel Garage banner

engine swap ?

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  CSIPSD 
#1 ·
I have a 03 6.0 with an auto tranny and the whole engine compartment was burned. the fire stopped at the firewall .I'm looking at a donor truck that is a 03 7.3 stick tranny .I was wondering if the computer and wiring will work. thank you. brian

#3 ·
wondering if the 7.3 stick engine wiring harness and the computer will hook up to the 6.0 automatic tranny dash harness and if that computer will work for the the auto tranny because i would rather have the auto. thanks

#5 ·
Absolutely no way that a 7.3 harness is gonna work on a 6.0 truck.

#6 ·
i would be replacing the 6.0 with the 7.3. just wondering if the wiring connections at the firewall would be the same and if the computer would work getting switched from a stick to an auto or can it be re flashed . sorry if im not explaining myself very well.thanks

#7 ·
No way it would work without completely rewiring everything. The computers are different. The sensors are different. The harnesses are different. It could be done, but it would be complete re wire job.

Reactions: Bandersnatch
#9 ·
You need everything from th donor truck, complete cab harness and motor harness.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.