Cruise in May! - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by Superdutytd, this thread has received 1 replies and been viewed 1097 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 10:36 AM Thread Starter

Cruise in May!

So for anyone who's up to doing some cruising early this summer I'm putting on a nice beginning of summer cruise on Sat. May 23rd. I figure that we could all meet up in Issaquah at the Starbucks next to the Krispy Kreme (map below). I planned on meeting at Starbucks @ 9:00 and leaving sometime around 9:30.

There will be numerous car clubs invited along on the cruise also so Invite anyone you want to no matter what they drive! I'm thinking that we set the cruise up as a go-there-together but leave-as-you-please sort of deal. At Vantage there is a restaurant called Blustery's that has really good shakes and good burgers also. In Vantage I beleive there is swimming access if you want to bring your bathing suits as the weather 'should' be nice.There is also a camp ground in Vantage if you want to stay the night.

Concerning concerts there is no information the moment (the Gorge is only 13 miles from Vantage) but maybe there will be a concert at the gorge around the time of the cruise that some people might be able to go to later. We can also change the date of the cruise to coincide with a concert if people are interested. I also plan on having a semi-pro photographer come along also to get some great shots of everyone's car/truck. Feel free to post up any ideas/concerns!

As for the actual cruising. As we all leave Starbucks we will get on the freeway but because of the large number of cars we probably all won't be able to get on all at once so we will cruise at 5 under the speed limit until we get to Preston (a few miles) and then will begin our normal cruising speed of 68-70. I strongly encourage everyone to cruise at the posted speed limit of 70mph. We also might take some scenic backroads as after Snoqualmie Pass we can drive the whole way on backroads. (highway 97 and the Old Vantage Highway)

http://www.starbucks.com/Retail/Find...issaquah,%20wa

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Issa...:::::f:EN:M:/e

2008 Red CCSB 6.4 Auto Lariat.
Stock 20's wrapped in 35x12.50R20 Toyo MT's, 3.73 gears, Nav, Backup Cam, Tailgate step, Upfitters, etc.
Mods: AFE Intake, Line-X, 20% Tint, Clear Bra, Husky Mats, Smoked Recon Mirror markers/3rd brake light, Bushwacker Pocket style flares w/ mud flaps + an aluminum Rapid Hitch (one of the best investments!)
Feel free to PM with any questions about any of my mods.

SRW Club #55
American Club #55

Last road trip-567 miles @ 20.7 mpg @ 67mpg average speed.

Last edited by Superdutytd; 02-09-2009 at 09:54 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 04:42 AM

Thats a pretty drive! I have done it a few times...

I built that Fred Meyers there...

01 F-250 SC PSD,210k,16 Isspro Gauges, AFE-2,CCV Mod,IAH delete,map reg,Modded H2e, 6.0 IC, GTS Hybrid injectors, Studs, 910 Valve springs, Forged rods Water injection,Swamps tuned, MBRP 4" dual's, Aero, 6" tip's, 100 axl tank, 4" Revtek lift, 37-14.50-17 TOYO MT's 469hp and 1068tq...

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode