lake conroe area? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by F2million, this thread has received 9 replies and been viewed 1651 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 03:51 AM Thread Starter
Rollin' Coal

lake conroe area?

thinking about heading out there to open up a boat shop / storage yard. anyone living out there can you shead some light on this for me? whats the winters like as far as boating and whats the weather like?
thanks

2010 F250 INGOT SILVER

Stock for now, but not for long

SOLD 06 F250
2.5" donahoe lift, 20x10 procomp wheels, 35/12.50/R20 Toyo Open Country M/T tires,
SCT by Vivian, mbrp ss down pipe, cat delete, silverline 4" exhaust, Dfuser coolant filter, RCD EGR delete, zoodad mod, AFE Stage 2, Spearco intercooler, ARP headstuds, AMSoil bypass oil filter, 5w40 AMSoil, DiPricol guages, Hid lights, Pioneer Z2 Navi, PAC backup camera, JL 250 amp, JL stealth box 10" sub.

Elite Diesels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-25-2009, 01:34 AM Thread Starter
Rollin' Coal
Threadstarter

noone know anything about boats in texas, or is it a "stay outta my state calli boy!!!"?

2010 F250 INGOT SILVER

SOLD 06 F250
2.5" donahoe lift, 20x10 procomp wheels, 35/12.50/R20 Toyo Open Country M/T tires,
SCT by Vivian, mbrp ss down pipe, cat delete, silverline 4" exhaust, Dfuser coolant filter, RCD EGR delete, zoodad mod, AFE Stage 2, Spearco intercooler, ARP headstuds, AMSoil bypass oil filter, 5w40 AMSoil, DiPricol guages, Hid lights, Pioneer Z2 Navi, PAC backup camera, JL 250 amp, JL stealth box 10" sub.

Elite Diesels
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-25-2009, 01:56 AM
TDG MAFIA

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to harleystroker
I live close the lake conroe. During the winter it get in the 30s some times in the 20s.
There are a ton of boat shops/ storage shops off of 105 and 1097 you would have lots of competition around this area. Lake Livingston is just north of here and gets just as busy during the summer if not more than Lake conroe. The fishing at both are great and there are a ton of people that go out there just to tube.

TDG MAFIA

04 Harley F250 c/c s/b: 06 headlights, 3'' rough county lift, Eagle 20's, 35'' tarragrapplers, 4'' turbo back magnaflow with cat/muffler delete, 6000k HID's, Recon line of fire/ mirror lights/3rd brake/&Tales,Studs/gaskets,Tuned SCT X3,STL strobe kit, Icon shocks,Dfuser Egr/ Egr cooler delete, 03 turbo
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-25-2009, 04:09 AM Thread Starter
Rollin' Coal
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleystroker View Post
I live close the lake conroe. During the winter it get in the 30s some times in the 20s.
There are a ton of boat shops/ storage shops off of 105 and 1097 you would have lots of competition around this area. Lake Livingston is just north of here and gets just as busy during the summer if not more than Lake conroe. The fishing at both are great and there are a ton of people that go out there just to tube.
i heard all the shops suck out there and they dont do hi performance stuff?

2010 F250 INGOT SILVER

SOLD 06 F250

Elite Diesels
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-25-2009, 04:15 AM

lake conroe isnt that big...but there are still some pretty good performance boats
on it and theres plenty of shops around <as Ken says>.

youll be the new guy on the block...be prepared to take a few year to get your
name circulated and known...and dont mess up or youll be labeled TOO !

as a californian youll need to leave your attitude behind if you wanna be successful
in texas...no one here will be too interested in hearing how wonderful you were in
california.

lake travis is probably were you wanna be...except its down over 50 feet this year.

Don R.

'04 350 4WD Lariat Crew Longbed (built 05.04)
-------------------

-------------------

Gear Vendors Dbl Overdrive Install w/ Pics.
135 Amp Alternator Upgrade/Replacement
50 Gal. Aux Tank; Pump, Filter, Wiring
Truck Audio,
CUSTOM Valentine One Install - LINK
$10 Grill Mod. (protects the coolers) !

Block Heater Cord (Rear Mounted w/ Timer) - LINK

REALTIME -CURRENT DIESEL Pricing <HERE>
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-25-2009, 04:25 AM Thread Starter
Rollin' Coal
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushpilot View Post
lake conroe isnt that big...but there are still some pretty good performance boats
on it and theres plenty of shops around <as Ken says>.

youll be the new guy on the block...be prepared to take a few year to get your
name circulated and known...and dont mess up or youll be labeled TOO !

as a californian youll need to leave your attitude behind if you wanna be successful
in texas...no one here will be too interested in hearing how wonderful you were in
california.

lake travis is probably were you wanna be...except its down over 50 feet this year.

i know it would take some time to do and it wouldnt happen over nite. i would start off mobile working out of my truck. so i would be limited to what i could do as far as engine pulls. i dont have an attitude im pretty easy going. ive been working at boat shops since i was 19 ive done everything from parts, service manager, shop manager, and full time mechanic. what kind of experience have you had at the shops out there(good or bad)? and whats the labor rate?

2010 F250 INGOT SILVER

SOLD 06 F250

Elite Diesels
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-26-2009, 12:04 AM
TDG MAFIA

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to harleystroker
Quote:
Originally Posted by F2million View Post
i know it would take some time to do and it wouldnt happen over nite. i would start off mobile working out of my truck. so i would be limited to what i could do as far as engine pulls. i dont have an attitude im pretty easy going. ive been working at boat shops since i was 19 ive done everything from parts, service manager, shop manager, and full time mechanic. what kind of experience have you had at the shops out there(good or bad)? and whats the labor rate?
As far as performance go's there are a few shops that specialize in that. You have your good eggs and some bad eggs heck 105 is pretty littered with boat shops as far as experiences go. My buddies have really had no issues with the shops they have dealt with. The people out here are very easy going and country they know a good think when they see it and someone full of it. The people that fish and play on this lake know there place and know they equipment and don't take kindly to people trying to screw them over. Just keep that in mind. Once/If you get a good reputation you can go a long way. I have a few friends that own/run some shops that do high end work for the car audio,home audio ,marine audio ect and they could really guide you in the right direction. When you get down this way give me a holler and I can set you guys up to talk biz.

TDG MAFIA

04 Harley F250 c/c s/b: 06 headlights, 3'' rough county lift, Eagle 20's, 35'' tarragrapplers, 4'' turbo back magnaflow with cat/muffler delete, 6000k HID's, Recon line of fire/ mirror lights/3rd brake/&Tales,Studs/gaskets,Tuned SCT X3,STL strobe kit, Icon shocks,Dfuser Egr/ Egr cooler delete, 03 turbo
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-26-2009, 04:48 AM Thread Starter
Rollin' Coal
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleystroker View Post
As far as performance go's there are a few shops that specialize in that. You have your good eggs and some bad eggs heck 105 is pretty littered with boat shops as far as experiences go. My buddies have really had no issues with the shops they have dealt with. The people out here are very easy going and country they know a good think when they see it and someone full of it. The people that fish and play on this lake know there place and know they equipment and don't take kindly to people trying to screw them over. Just keep that in mind. Once/If you get a good reputation you can go a long way. I have a few friends that own/run some shops that do high end work for the car audio,home audio ,marine audio ect and they could really guide you in the right direction. When you get down this way give me a holler and I can set you guys up to talk biz.
ok cool thanks im going to go out that way soon to check out the area more.

2010 F250 INGOT SILVER

SOLD 06 F250

Elite Diesels
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 08:38 PM
R.I.P. DAD

Well I just found this but nothing I can add to it other than whats just been said.

R.I.P. TMCS (SS) Brooks R Newell, I will forever miss you.

OneBigAssMistakeAmerica

2008 F-250 FX4

NMCB-28, KICKIN BUTT SINCE 1942

American club member #40
FOSP Club # 1
My sense of humor is an acquired taste, if you dont like it....... ACQUIRE some taste.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 10:09 PM
KEE KEE WHOO!

Send a message via AIM to sotexy
hot girls =0

TDG LUSH ELITE #1
TDG Singles Member #148
TDG Outlaw #29
TDG AMERICAN #3
TDG B.O.M.B Squad #3
TDG Ridin Dirty #13

"Lose the zero, get with a Hero!"
"PUT SOME SOUTH IN YOUR MOUTH!!"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode