The Diesel Garage banner

Some advice needed

2K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  CATman08 
#1 ·
I recently traded my 05 6.0 in on a 2010 6.4 My 6.0 had 4 inches of lift with 20x10 mazzi hulks on 35 13.50 cooper stt's.

I was wonderin if anyone knows or has tried to put wheels and tires of that size on a truck with just a leveling kit. The wheels have -25mm of offset.

Im worried that the offset is to much for just a leveling kit. Would these be too wide and stick out to far for a truck with only a leveling kit? Or would it work and look ok? If anyone has a similar setup please chime in. Pics would be great. I already have the wheels and leveling kit but i would like to know if this is a good idea before i try it. Thanks in advance for the help!

#2 ·
I've seen guys running 37's with just a 2.5" leveling kit...dunno if this helps you or not?

#3 ·
That makes me feel ok about them bein 35's and fitting as far as the tire height goes. But what im really worried about is the offset of the wheel. I dont want them to stick so far past the side of the truck that they dont look good. And they may rub becasue of the offset too. So im hopin somebody has tried it and can help me out.

#4 ·
These trucks can run 35s with a stock set up, the stock tires are 34.5 so your measured height is around the same there just wider.

#5 ·
you guys he is worried about the offset not the height..

I for one can't help you, offset confuses the heck outta me. I'd suggest just putting them on the stock truck and seeing what they look like then going from there. a 2.5" leveling kit isn't much difference from stock.

#6 ·
Yea thats what i plan on doin. I need to sell the lift i had on my 05 and buy another 4 inch lift for the new truck. Cus i really liked the way my old truck looked. It just sucks cus i bought the old lift like 3 months ago. So its like brand new and now its no good to me.

#7 ·
I have 325x50r22 = 35x13r22 they are out past stock fenders about 1.5" but I put on after market smoth flares so i don't get covered in mud at work - I also have the leaving kit just a little rub on full turn to the left

#8 ·
Thats probably about what mine would stick out. I would really like to see some close up pics of your truck if you dont mind posting some. And if you know the backspacing and offset of your wheels i would really like to know that as well. Thanks for the help!

#9 ·
I head home tonight after work - I get er all clean and post some by the weekend for ya

#10 ·
If your old truck was a 05 then your old lift should fit, you will just need new blocks for the rear. The spring rate may be different but it cant be by much.

#12 ·
Every body keeps telling me that the lift wont fit though. Some people have said it would but im still unsure. When i bought the truck i assumed it would all fit. But then when i asked on the forum whether it would or not. Most people said no. I know the sway bar links are different. And ive been told the track bar drop bracket is different. So i dont really know if it will or wont...

#11 ·
Thanks man. That sounds great. I need to just throw the leveling kit i have on the truck and put the wheels on. But im just not sure that much offset will look good without any more than 2.5 inches of lift. But your setup sounds really close if not the same as what mine would be

#13 ·
Humm that may be, take the brackets and compare them. The only change that I know of between the two is the 08's have 8" longer leaf packs and the engine weighs more so the front spring rate maybe higher on the 08 kits.

#14 ·
To answer your question, yes they will fit, yes they will rub a hair on the back of the inner fender. You can pull your inner fender back a little bit, or trim it whatever you like.

#15 ·
dude my buddy had the same wheels with 35 nittos and it didnt even scrub at all on the outside. but he had a 2 1/2 in leveling kit in the front so its actually a half inch lower in the back like mine. but it still looks awesome. trust me if you got mazzis put em on instead of the stock wheels but if you want to see what a 2 1/2 inch leveling kit looks like with stock 20s and 35s let me know. hope i helped ya with the pics. if ya got anymore questions lemme know.

Attachments

#16 ·
That helped me out alot! Thanks! If you have a picure of that truck from the front i would really like to see it. Thanks again!

#18 ·
Those are exactly what i was lookin for! Thanks for the help. I cant wait to put the leveling kit on and get the wheels and tires on my truck. Hopefully i can get it done this weekend. Thanks again for the pics! I'll post some pics of mine when i get it done

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.