The Diesel Garage banner

RCD 6.0L & 6.4L Ford Bypass Filtration and Relo.

10K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  BogginF350 
#1 ·
We have finished testing on our bypass filtration and oil filter housing relocation kit. Both kits are avialable for the 6.0 and 6.4 trucks. We also have two different base mounting variations. One locates the filter base on the outside of the frame and the other behind the transfer case. The transfer case option will be a small upcharge due the the -12 180 degree sweeps. Initial install time was 45min. :thumbsup The bypass filter will catch anything over 3microns which should help spool valve issues on the 6.0 considerably. The solid T6 aluminum base is bored and sized accordingly to allow the oil to flow past the 3micron filter in the event it ever becomes plugged. And like always it is made here in Peoria, IL.

#6 ·
Aaron, the filter base utilizes a fl1995 motorcraft filter for the base engine filtration. 30% of that oil is then pushed through the 3 micron element. We did this to be a true bypass system. It will prevent the hpop and turbo from starving for oil in the event the 3 micron becomes plugged or restricted.

#5 ·
looks great!!!

#10 ·
Josh the system looks awesome. Will there be an option for braided stainless line instead of rubber? Do you know what you will be charging for the system's yet? I've been planning on getting one, but have had a couple setbacks and hope to be getting one on the truck within the next few months.

#11 ·
Looks like Brents truck did the testing!

#14 ·
Price please :)

#16 ·
#19 · (Edited)
double post......

#21 ·
I was going to do the braided, but anyone who has ever used braided or aseembled them would know that they are a major PITA. Along with the fact that I want the installer to be able to determine where the kit is installed. Not a pre-determined length of hose. Dont get me wrong, I like braided stainless sheath hose but its just too abrasive (like a file) to run along a main engine wiring harness. The Aeroquip (Eaton) AQP socketless hose is rated at 250 working pressure. These motors never see over 80psi so I think we are even overkill with what we are using.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.