The Diesel Garage banner

Turbo Whistle

4K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  elkhunterr81 
#1 ·
I have a buddy that wants his Dmax to whistle more. Is there anything to do to them to make the turbo whistle more? I know there are tricks for Dodges, but didn't know about a Chevy. Thanks for any info :thumbsup

#4 ·
Get a modifyed intake elbow from my buddy Super Diesel. Wistles like crazy and increases spool up time,plus lowers egts. I have one in my 01 and another one on the way for my 03 :thumbsup

#6 ·
When I put the K&N intake on my truck the turbo whistle increased dramatically. A few other folks have plugged the silencer box to increase whistle but I dont know if that increases performance any. Good luck.

#7 ·
Thanks, greatly appreciate all the info so far.

#8 ·
the little plastic diamond plate piece over the turbo that has the 6.6 turbo diesel on it... that acts as resignator. if you take it off an put another small cone filter on it i noticed the whistle is louder. sounds stupid but it works.

#12 · (Edited)
You can modify it yourself.. It will probably take you 2.5 -3 hours using hand tools. Remove your plastic cover (that says 6.6) you have 3 bolts to pull and that elbow comes off. The bottom bolt is a pain in the ***. Inside you will notice like 1/4 to 1/3 " lip and than it goes to a smooth taper. Take a die grinder and grind the lip off to make it flush. You will need a new gasket, (or rtv) and other than that it wont cost you anything but the time.. To some i guess the time is more important

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.