tenn. laws - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by s.e, this thread has received 1 replies and been viewed 765 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 03:36 AM Thread Starter
s.e

tenn. laws

what are the laws in tenn pertaning to lift motor swap and would it help if the truck came from a diferent state and it was legal there
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-01-2008, 02:37 AM

If I recall correctly, your bumpers can only be 39" above the ground, and there's another spec for maximum headlight height. I cant remember what it is, though.

As for engine swaps, I'm pretty sure it simply depends on the county where you register the truck. If they dont do emissions testing, nobody really cares. If they do test, then I think you have to comply with all emissions requirements for the year the vehicle was built. I cant say for sure, never had to test my trucks.

As for being from another state- sort of. If you keep the truck registered and tagged there, then their rules apply. If you intend to register it in TN though, you have to comply with the State of Tennessee's laws, regardless of compliance with any other state.

2002 F-350 Lariat crew cab 4x4 PSD auto, DRW with 163,000 miles, Ford AIS, otherwise all stock.

1994 F-250 PSD, 5 speed, open intake, 5" single stack, gauges, DynaMat, 302,000 miles.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode