The Diesel Garage banner

I was told today...

2K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  MOPSD250 
#1 ·
That flo-pro exhaust parts are made overseas..

#2 ·
So is my Ipod,DVD player,tv, parts on my Fass Im sure, computer,my door knobs on my house, my garage door opener, grass trimmer,,,,should I go on. Look around your house,cloths and everything you touch every day and youll realize everything is made over seas.

Even your truck well the tooling. We design the whole weld shop at kentucky truck and most of the tooling was manufactured over seas. In fact about 50%+ of the engineering for that part of the plant was done over seas.

Thats my point

Im sure this will start an arguement but I was just pointing out everything else done or made overseas

#3 ·
This is nothing new. There are some things we need that can not be found having been made here.

#8 ·
True Rob. But go to the store and look at apple juice. The local growers quit making it because the Chinese make it so much cheaper. Local growers (Romeo area) have actually let apples rot on the ground rather than make the juice.

#11 ·
#12 ·
Somewhat simplistic, but an interesting ending ....

Sometime this year, we taxpayers may again receive an Economic Stimulus payment. This is a very exciting new program. I will explain it using the Q and A format.

Q. What is an Economic Stimulus payment?

A. It is money that the federal government will send to taxpayers.

Q. Where will the government get this money?

A. From taxpayers.

Q. So the government is giving me back my own money?

A. Only a smidgen.

Q. What is the purpose of this payment?

A. The plan is that you will use the money to purchase a high-definition TV set, thus stimulating the economy.

Q. But isn't that stimulating the economy of China ?

A. Shut up.

Below is some helpful advice on how to best help the US economy by spending your stimulus check wisely:

If you spend the stimulus money at Wal-Mart, the money will go to China .

If you spend it on gasoline, your money will go to the Arabs.

If you purchase a computer, it will go to India .

If you purchase fruit and vegetables, it will go to Mexico , Honduras and

Guatemala.

If you buy a car, it will go to Japan .

If you purchase useless stuff, it will go to Taiwan .

If you pay your credit cards off, or buy stock, it will go to management bonuses and they will hide it offshore.

Instead, keep the money in America by:

1. spending it at yard sales, or

2. going to ball games, or

3. spending it on prostitutes, or

4. beer, or

5. tattoos.

(These are the only American businesses still operating in the US .)

I'm going to go to a ball game with a tattooed prostitute that I met at a yard sale and we're going to drink beer all day!

Reactions: Rosco
#14 ·
If you are worried about where it is made

1) Make it yourself

2)Install it yourself

3)Break it yourself

4)Fix it yourself

All AMERICAN MADE AND INSTALLED AND MAINTAINTED

#17 ·
I was raised in a construction family and worked 10 years in the operating engineers union (some of this time spent in a steel mill). I guess this makes you open your eyes to the direct effect on local economys when work moves out of the area or country for that matter.

#18 ·
I look to see where stuff is made all the time. Honestly I would prefer to buy things made in the USA. IMHO americans are greedy with money. I mean look. American Standard (Make toilets among alot of other things) I worked there for two yrs. before they up and closed the doors and moved to Mexico. Why did they close we were union (I wasn't yet) anyways these guys were making anywhere from 20-32/hour. and wanted more. Ya granted some of the jobs were very hard and strenuous but most of the jobs were automated and these guys would sleep on a 12 hr shift and check on the machines 2 times a night. Just a lil .02 worth

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.