GA Diesels - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by lbdodge24v, this thread has received 13 replies and been viewed 1256 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 02:47 AM Thread Starter

GA Diesels

Does anyone know if there is any form of diesel club or group in south georgia? I was just wondering if there was or wasn't. I have had some interest in from people in joining one, or I have been trying to put something together and start one here in south ga. Just wondering if there is already one or if there is anything going on.

Also does anybody know the legal matters of starting some kind of club or organization?? Don't want to do anything illegal!!!

Thanks for any information on this.:thanks:

02 Dodge Ram CTD, 6 spd., HMR Street Drag Clutch, Raptor 150, Edge Drag Comp, Smarty, Injectors, aFe air intake, 2 in leveling kit, 4 in exhaust, and 3 guages-Fuel Pressure, Boost, and EGT's.

The Toy a Jummins!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-18-2007, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbdodge24v
Does anyone know if there is any form of diesel club or group in south georgia? I was just wondering if there was or wasn't. I have had some interest in from people in joining one, or I have been trying to put something together and start one here in south ga. Just wondering if there is already one or if there is anything going on.

Also does anybody know the legal matters of starting some kind of club or organization?? Don't want to do anything illegal!!!

Thanks for any information on this.:thanks:
I posted a similar question on the Turbo Diesel Register (TDR) and had no feedback. I know that GA had the SouthEast TDR (SETDR), a spin off of the TDR, but they invited all make of oil burners to join the club. The SETDR went belly up about three years ago, and I understand that there is nothing in place in GA.

The SETDR had some great activities in the Hotlanta area and camping trips to Pigeon Forge, and gathering at Suncoast for weekends. It would be great to restart a group in the southeast or GA to support my habits/needs.

Real shame the SETDR is deceased as I am returning to GA, retiring, and was looking forward to joining a group. I am interested in maybe forming an all diesel group to serve GA., but it will have to wait until I get back in Feb 2008.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-18-2007, 03:38 AM
NHRDA Race Director

We have been trying to get some GA guys on http://dieseltruckworld.tenmagazines.com/ for some time ....... Site is still growing slow but would welcome anyone that wants to join us .........
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-18-2007, 11:22 AM
Supporting Vendor

Looks like we will have to just start a new. :Thumbup: :smoke
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-19-2007, 04:18 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Well, I wasn't completely wrong when I thought there was no diesel clubs in GA. Well here is where I am at, I had one meeting for diesels, had a total of 4 people show up, There were suppose to be others comeing but all had conflicts for that night. My brother and I are trying to get something going here, but neither of us are sure what to do next, or how to get it all going. Any suggestions on this would be great, or anything.

I wasn't trying not to tell the whole story in my first post, I was just seeing what was out there, cause as of now there are 8 people that know about the lil group we were trying to start, so it could fold easily if there was a club already going.

So how much interest is there, and where to start on this one? Right now we were going to be out of the Tifton area, that is just where we are. But like i said it is just something my brother and I came up with and were going to try to start to get some interest going. Already came up with the name we liked, don't know how it would go with everybody else, name chosen by the 4 people that showed and others that were asked was Southern Smokin' Diesels.
But don't know that this will ever amount to anything, I am horrible at planning things or even knowing where to start. Well maybe there will be some input on here. Later yall!!

02 Dodge Ram CTD, 6 spd., HMR Street Drag Clutch, Raptor 150, Edge Drag Comp, Smarty, Injectors, aFe air intake, 2 in leveling kit, 4 in exhaust, and 3 guages-Fuel Pressure, Boost, and EGT's.

The Toy a Jummins!!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 12:29 AM
home brew'n

I just moved here (Waverly) from Washington state (where there is a lot of diesel stuff happening). I on the look out for a club or events down here. Let us know if something get put together.

Scott

2000 F350 BTS Auto CC SWB SRW 4x4 Lariat. Tymar in, 4" out, Live Tuning by DP-Tuner, ITP fuel system, BB Turbo, BDP Stage II Singles, HX Hose, CCV mod, AIH Delete, Gutted EBPV, Tymar coolant filter, On-board air, Grover 21" emergency horns, Firestone Ride rite air bags, Guages overhead and on the pillar, Ruenell rear bumper with PIAA 4040 backup lights, Smitty Built SS step bars, Exang Full tilt tonneau, Centerline Comets wrapped with BFG AT KO, '02 Cupholder, '05 Seats, 750w inverter.

2000 VW Jetta Tdi. Stock Commuter (I think you can see where the mod funds go)
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 03:40 AM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

As soon as I get caught up again, I am going to try and work on getting the club going I was trying to start, but I can't say if it is going to happen or not, there is alot of talk and no action from the diesel guys around here where I am. So if I don't get anything going then hopefully me trying will motivate something to get started.

later,
lbdodge24v

The Toy a Jummins!!
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-07-2007, 08:20 PM
TDG Mafia #86

can some one tell me where they have truck pulls in northeast ga

2005 dodge 2500 2x4 q/c 6-speed,
5 inch mbrp muffler with two 7inch stacks , silencer ring gone SMARTY06,AIRDOG FP150, south bend 1947 con fe ,AIRAID Intake ,cat gone
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-07-2007, 08:21 PM
TDG Mafia #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilrebeljames88
can some one tell me where they have truck pulls in northeast ga
and what about the drag racing

2005 dodge 2500 2x4 q/c 6-speed,
5 inch mbrp muffler with two 7inch stacks , silencer ring gone SMARTY06,AIRDOG FP150, south bend 1947 con fe ,AIRAID Intake ,cat gone
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-07-2007, 08:38 PM
Supporting Vendor

In White Plains or Washington for truck pulls. They take the month of July off.

Drag racing in Commerce for 1/4 mile. I am still asking around for other places to go with 1/8 mile tracks. I have been told Dallas and Paradise. We have not been to either of those yet.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode