The Diesel Garage banner

Innovative Agressive Street Boost

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  kwissman 
#1 ·
I installed the ID Agressive Street tune last night and drove the truck today to work and to pick up the kids. I have 35" tires and set my tire revs when I installed the tune.

When I go WOT my boost only went to 20PSI. I was able to get to 26-27 psi in the same situation with the stock tune the day before installing the new tune. I did notice quite a bit of haze at WOT with the 20PSI. I still have the fully functioning EGR.

Is the boost low on purpose to keep from overboosting?

This tune does add a lot of power and chirped the tires going from first to second on a partial throttle take off from a light. I the shifting is firm and will hopefully settle down a little bit after the transmission learns the new tune in a few days.

Thanks
2005 F250 6.0 CCSB
SCT X3 ID Agressive Street

#2 ·
I can't tell you whether you should be getting 26-27 boost on the agressive Street. Although I don't see why not. Last week I put in the Street Firm which is less agressive and I have 26 lbs boost. As for the shifting, it will calm down after 100 miles. I haven't tried the Extreme Street yet, but I love the Street Firm. You should ask Eric about this, he should certainly be able to help you. I'm sure there are few people will chime in also and let you know.

#3 ·
IMO, put the stock tune back in and see if you still only get 20psi, maybe by dumb luck you have a torn IC boot,or stuck vanes. If the stock tune is getting 26-27psi then call ID.

#4 ·
Also, it isn't uncommon to have lower boost readings and more power. Often Tuners are able to make more power with less boost. It can also be affected by converter locking, etc. Chris

#7 ·
It takes a bit for the shifting to get settled in, so give that time. You will love it! As for the peak boost, mine didn't see peak boost unloaded.
Put some weight in it or behind it and you will know for sure.

Cheers

#8 ·
Did you set the Tire/Revs or Measure it your self and let eric know before he wrote the tune? If its off the shifting wont be right. it makes a knight and day difference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.