The Diesel Garage banner

my girls 06 vw tdi

3K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Zrock 
#1 ·
ok guys so my gf bought a used 06 1.9l tdi and it runs great and hauls ***, this is a auto btw, so every few seconds i hear a rattling sound from under the hood but havent had a chance to take a closer look with it off the ground, i was thinking miss fire? but a light would come on so maby the trans? or could some exhaust shroud b bouncing around? any thoughts? thanks guys!

#3 ·
does it do it when your shutting the car off or all the time? the manual had problems with the dual mass flywheel comming apart. you would get a rattle when you shut it down or started it as a symptom. The Dsg's had a similar problem same symptom.

#5 ·
Sure does sound like the DMF is on it's way out. Did you buy it with any warranty left? If so take it in and have it inspected. Oh, and if you bought a extended warranty they will likely not cover it as the transmission is technicaly a electrically controlled manual trans, and they usually will not cover flywheels.

#9 ·
Actually from working at VW i can honestly say VW will bend over backwards to make sure thier customers are happy. Usually it is the shop that will not keep up the customer service... For issues that are out of warranty VW will always try to help the customer but sometimes the shop has to help out a bit to by throwing in some labour for free. Most of the time the shop does not want to do this so they will just tell the customer that VW was unwilling to help. I have seen them replace engines, trans, you name it for people that were out of warranty...

#11 ·
hehe unfortunately i no longer work for them. VW shut us down because of low sales volume on the dealership side of things. It was all due to poor managment and overpaying the sales force gave them no incentive to sell cars. Sure wasnet due to my end of things when i took over i increased parts sales by 50% and redused inventory from 400g to 80g in 6 months. Oh ya i was the parts manager

#13 ·
hehe ya i did work for a great shop and we never did have problems getting service for our customers from VW. I used to hear the stories from other shops that wouldnet warantee something we would make one phone call and the work would be aproved within minuts... Our demise was paying the car sales staff a rediculous high wage with no real incentive to sell cars... most dealer ships are a bare min wage and you make up the rest on commision. Within th efirst 2 months of working their i seen 10 sales lost because the sales people would not come out of their office. Told managment/owners what was going on and they would do nothing because they were friends...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.