The Diesel Garage banner

DT466 Timing with ROTARY pump

52K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Davis7018 
#1 ·
After lomg search on TDG site I did not found any anwser how to setup timing with rotary pump. I guess this topic deserve to be a separate.
So ... guys any help please. Let me know if you need pictures. I got planty of them.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Those haven't been covered here. No posts have been made on a rotary pump, and I've been here for 5 years. I havent really dipped in to those either.
I can tell you a ghetto way. Pull the drive gear from the pump off. Rotate the engine backwards until the next gear tooth lines up with the pump gear, then reinstall. That's by far not a precision method, but will advance it 11.25 degrees per tooth.

Reactions: Victor
#4 ·
... 11.25 degrees per tooth.
Yeeeh, I was leaning this direction too. 360* / 32 =11.25*

Victor,
...a plug - looks to be about an inch in diameter, near the IP housing but in the back of the front cover. ...
Is this one?

Other view

...Remove that plug and align the pointer to the mark on the drive with the crank indicator and the specified number of degrees BTDC.
Nothink there. this is how it looks from the other side.

On another hand, What is this. Looks like some kind of ajastment posibility?

Attachments

#3 ·
Victor,

In your 1st photo, just below where the throttle spring bracket is, there is a plug - looks to be about an inch in diameter, near the IP housing but in the back of the front cover. Remove that plug and align the pointer to the mark on the drive with the crank indicator and the specified number of degrees BTDC.

#5 ·
Yup, you got it. The pointer and timing scribe are on the back side of the gear in the third photo.

Now, I have never performed this timing operation on a DT466A like you have, only on the B and later models.

#6 ·
WOW c'est les bonnes photos de cela.,

Ok me laissent commencer ici dû c'était quelques années je fait le chronométrage sur 466A la série.

Il y a le couple des façons de refaire ce jeu, mais laisser le début la voie de base d'abord.,

Dû vous allready fait dégraisser le moteur et nettoie et peint donc il fera loin beaucoup d'eaiser refaire ce jeu, mais liront s'il vous plaît l'instruction prudent dû cette pompe est très senstive au chronométrage de fondé.

À la quatrième photo vous mentionnez quel boulon c'est dû vous avez écrit dans là qui est la pompe timming le port vous aurez besoin de la jauge de cadran

Pas enormement de peuples ont toujours l'adaptateur que je sais que peu de magasin de pompe d'injecteur les garde toujours {leur demandent s'ils peuvent le prêter d'ou demander à un de votre frenids de voir ce qu'ils peuvent aborder}

Le quatre boulon autour de l'injecteur pompe la tête ne tournent pas à tout dû il a cannelé sur un boulon pour empêcher du tournage.

Mais je vous donnerai une voie brute droite.

Défendez d'abord le moteur à *1 TDC {vous devriez défendre encore un tournure pour l'obtenir} quand vous arrivez à cette tache vous devriez voir l'inscription sur le mécanisme.

Une fois que vous arrivez la pompe prévoyant le mécanisme s'aligne alors regardent l'indicateur de puits d'original pour voir à quelle distance vous êtes débranchés.

Si tant le mécanisme de promenade en voiture de pompe d'injecteur que le vilebrequin s'alignent alors il y a encore un endroit que vous pouvez vérifier mais cela devient peu délicat enlèvent le chapeau de vis sur la pompe d'Injecteur qui sera le côté gauche inférieur de port de ligne pétrolier mais je dois déterrer le manuel d'entretien technique pour vérifier si c'est un lock-out le boulon ou juste une prise pour regarder le mécanisme de chronométrage. {Unforetally je n'ai pas avec moi à l'heure actuelle}

Wow that is good photos of it .,

Ok let me start here due it was quite few years I done the timing on 466A series.

There is couple ways to do this set up but let start the basic way first.,

Due you allready have the engine degreased and clean up and painted so it will make far much eaiser to do this set up but please read the instruction carefull due this pump is very senstive to timing set up.

At fourth photo you mention what bolt it is due you wrote in there that is the pump timming port you will need dail inditactor.

Not very many peoples still have the adaptor I know few injector pump shop still keep them { ask them if they can loan it out or ask one of your frenids to see what they can come up }

The four bolt around the injector pump the head do not rotate at all due it have notched on one bolt to prevent from turning.

But I will give you a straight crude way.

First bar the engine over to #1 TDC { you may have to bar one more turn to get it } when you get to that spot you should see the marking on the gear.

Once you get the pump timing gear line up then look at the crank shaft pointer to see how far you are off.

If both injector pump drive gear and crankshaft line up then there is one more place you can verify but it get little tricky take the screw cap off on the Injector pump that will be lower left side of oil line port but I have to dig up the service manual to verify if this is a lock out bolt or just a plug to look at the timing gear. { unforetally I don't have with me at the moment }

Merci,Marc

#7 ·
Found it

John, sorry buddy nothing behind this 1" (1/2" drive) plug.
however, Mark is right. see pictures.

So guys, i checked timing. It was 19*.

To finish this topic lets sumarize:

1/2" plug 1/4" squere drive right side from oil inlet.
Open it up and stick screw driver.
Rotate until screw driver dips into the notch.
This will be TDC of the pump.

Attachments

#8 ·
19 ° n'est pas trop mal, mais si vous voulez vous avancer un peu plus me laissent vous donner un réduit comment le faire.

Gardez la pompe d'injecteur à *1 TDC comme vous l'avez vraiment vu et le gardez dans le centre qui peut changer beaucoup comme 3 degress.

Ok avec la pompe d'Injecteur à TDC alors ce que vous devrez desserrer êtes le grand front de boulon de promenade en voiture de pompe d'injecteur du mécanisme {un certain verison vous desserrés en haut trois petits boulons aussi mais je doute sur celui-ci} et garde la pompe à TDC et défends le moteur à 23 à 25 degrés mais PAS PLUS que 25 Max serre alors en bas le boulon.

Une fois que tout est serre en bas la barre le moteur en avant et sauvegarde l'inscription devrait s'aligner correct avec le nouveau cadre et vous êtes bons pour aller.

19° is not too bad but if you want to advance little more let me give you a run down how to do this.

keep the injector pump at #1 TDC as you did see it and keep it in center that can shift much as 3 degress.

Ok with Injector pump at TDC then what you will have to loosen up is large injector pump drive bolt front of the gear { some verison you loose up three small bolts as well but I doubt on this one } and keep the pump at TDC and bar the engine over to 23 to 25 degrees but NO more than 25 max then tighten down the bolt.

Once everything is tighten down bar the engine ahead and back up the marking should line up correct with new setting and you are good to go.

Merci,Marc

#9 ·
quick and easy way line up marks on damper pulley 18* or about there line up mark on gear with pointer. if you take pump off motor it turns crankshaft instead of camshaft speed. so it can be 360 out of time with marks lined up. if it doesn,t start after putting pump on the easy way instead of taking valve cover of and lining marks in pump up is to install pump try to start if not just rotate pump one turn and it will fire.

#12 ·
If You all ready have the fuel pump of and you dont Know how to get the timeing you will need to check the btdc or valle traslap on cilinder 1 to verify that timing is correct move the damper pulley to were the piston is compresión the aire on cilinder 1 and see if the damper pin is on the .mark of the damper pulley and you se that that is the was to verify your timeing

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.