?????? - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by pantera28, this thread has received 5 replies and been viewed 1414 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 11:09 AM Thread Starter

Garage
??????

Hi Guy's I just joined this site and noticed you have a Camping/ Boating section which is great. My question is I have a Park model at a Campground in CT which is nice But since I Just bought a 3500 dually I would like to get a CHEAP slide -in or pull behind for small trips to the cape or winni/lake george,ect What are the pros and con's of both? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 11:22 AM
is here and there.

Thanked 1,110 Times in 665 Posts
First - Welcome to TDG.

A few thoughts...

A Slide-in on your truck means if you gotta run to the store for something you forgot you have to tie down everything, unplug and get ready to move.

A pull behind..set it up and forget it until it's time to go home.

Slide-in. I can not speak from experience on the ease of taking it off and on but I would think it's more difficult than just dropping the trailer.

Pull behind I would think has more room.

Resale - Would it be easier to re-sell the trailer vs a slide-in?

Life changes, so roll with it, not against it.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Garage
Thanks for the Welcome. I didn't think about the Store thing.It does sound inconvienient. The only reason I thought the Slide in was, No Taxes, Reg,and Insurance. and my Son and the Dog 100lb Black Lab could ride in the back because my truck is a Reg Cab 4X4 5spd man.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 03:12 PM

Garage
if you are planning on taking a boat or a atv's some states have laws against pulling 2 trailers, so the slide in would be a better choice but if you dont have the restrictions i would get a trailer, i prefer 5th wheel's but there is nothing wrong with the others.

99.5 F250, VGT 5.9 CR cummins
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 06:26 PM
7.3 addict

Garage
many states you can ride in a 5er

1) 99 f-350 srw 7.3 6pos. bully dog, afe intake, mrbp 4" exhaust,250,000 miles and still rollin.
2) 2000 excursion 7.3 afe intake, mrbp 4" exhaust. chip coming
3) NEW TO ME2000 cc drw 7.3 let the mods begin
4) FOR SALE 87 f250 6.9 9' utility body.
5) SOLD 91 f150 good truck just well used.Gonna miss the old girl allways started even after sitting for 6 months.

I think i'm trailer poor ) 22' w\18' tilt car hauler, 18' flat bed, 2 horse D&D, 12' utility, 19' "v" nose, and 37' 5er

"quote from tank"
"I use baby wipes.....

Because if you think that a wadded up piece of paper is actually getting the chit off of your butt.....then I have to ask a question....

.....if you wiped a turd on your arm....would you just use a paper towel to get the turd off?.....or would you wash your arm?...

...let that thought roll around in your head for a moment...

" thank you tank for that insightful thought

#46 AMERICAN (blood) club
#241 singles club
# ? Dually club
# ? Excursion club
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 01:41 AM
Formerly NATTYGASMECH

On the slide outs.... there are some really good and easy to drop/take out models made today. You still have binders and such to remove, but they are much easier than the old crank type. There are also some that have a brace type that makes pretty much complete contact with the ground and blow the individual jack type out of the water for use while not in the bed. I cannot think of a brand name for you, but I have seen them. There is a brace that ties the Left and Right side jacks together along with both on each side and you back over it. It was kind of a square framework that tightens up to the truck. Crank the jacks up and Honestly I think they might even hold themselves tight to the frame. Since I did not see binders on that one. Again do not quote me on that. I live at the Grand Canyon and see many different RV/camper rigs here. Just about everything that is made. I saw one at the General Store last year and it really caught my interest. I just did not want to "Snoop" under the vehicle since the owner was not around.

(Quote: M123KT-450) "That's what happens man it's hard to Damage steal with tin foil ! "

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode