Problems with Slide-Out - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by ixoye_jcgss, this thread has received 5 replies and been viewed 4133 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-23-2009, 02:49 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Problems with Slide-Out

Has anyone had any problems with there slide-out. It seems like mine is off track sometimes. The slide will work sometimes. It will slideout and wont slide in. Sometimes it works fine and sometimes it doesn't.. Sometimes is it want slide at all. I have taken the carpet loose to look at the motor and gearbox. I haven't had much luck in plain view. It almost seems like a gear slipping and not grabbin at all sometimes. It just started doing this. When pulling and going around a sharp turn, the slide will slide out a little bit. Anyone had any experiences like this.

We have a 2003 Keystone Outback 30ft Travel Trailer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 03:54 PM

You might have better luck calling Keystone and seeing what their tech guys say. I have an Excel and have had great luck talking to those guys when I have issues.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 01:51 AM
ADMIN/MAFIA

Garage
Have you ever lubed the track under the slide out? there are adjustments for them on the underside I believe. Keystone would be my first call as well.

"Only accurate rifles are interesting" -Townsend Whelen

2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab Big Horn
6.7L 68RFE 4wd
Yeah its stock.
Edge Insight CTS / Line-X / Access Bed Cover
B&W Turnover Ball / Companion Hitch
Pac Brake Air Bags
On Board Air
Optima Redtop 34Rs

2010 John Deere 2305
2010 Jeep Wrangler JK Unlimited Rubicon/ Tuned with some toys.
2016 Keystone Impact 311 Toyhauler

9-11-2001 NEVER FORGET
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 07:16 PM

Garage
I have an '07 KZ New Vision Sportster.....My motors are mounted under the slide out itself. I broke a mount on mine and replaced it. Mine has a drive rod that spins a gear on each end of the slide out to ensure that the slide out comes out evenly. If you have one of those, it may be just a bolt loose. Check the mount bolts on the motor as well as any other bolts....that lsiding out while going around a corner is not good.....also, do you block your slide outs? My toyhauler came with telescoping rods that keep the slide outs from sliding out in case of motor or any other type of failure...

AMERICAN CLUB #43
WALNUT CLUB
BOMB SQUAD
RIDIN' DIRTY CLUB #54
WEST COAST POWERSTROKERS #9
SINGLES CLUB #256

Though more painful, there is more dignity being under the bus than under the desk.....at least under the bus, you're only swallowing a little pride....
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 05:06 PM
Inline Junky!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixoye_jcgss View Post
Has anyone had any problems with there slide-out. It seems like mine is off track sometimes. The slide will work sometimes. It will slideout and wont slide in. Sometimes it works fine and sometimes it doesn't.. Sometimes is it want slide at all. I have taken the carpet loose to look at the motor and gearbox. I haven't had much luck in plain view. It almost seems like a gear slipping and not grabbin at all sometimes. It just started doing this. When pulling and going around a sharp turn, the slide will slide out a little bit. Anyone had any experiences like this.

We have a 2003 Keystone Outback 30ft Travel Trailer

Can you tell if you slide is gear driven or hydraulic driven? IIRC Keystone uses a hydra driven slide out on there big stuff. Which is made by lippert frame corp. If that's the case it might be low on fluid. If its gear driven you have a chipped tooth on the main drive gear.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
Threadstarter

Garage
Thanks for the input..... It is electrical lippert system.. It appears that the motor didn't have enough bolts in the shaft that mounts to the rod that controls the slide to go in and out. The pressure of the bolts is used for a braking system for this unit. It has a brass bushin and that appears help. The cause for the slipping is because it had only one bolt in it and the pressure caused it to back out.....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode