The Diesel Garage banner

Which states is best for off roading?

6K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Lonesome7.3 
#1 ·
I am planning to make a big change soon but I need a lot of information before I commit to anything. I have identified my love of trails and out door type stuff as being the final deciding factor. The type of off roading I am really into is trails. I like exploring the back country. I am not big on mud holes or OHV parks. I know trail closers are always an impending threat so that has to be part of the decision as well. I am into ATV’s, 4x4’s, horse back, and mountain biking. So, keeping that in mind, which state would be the best choice for living out my life enjoying those types of activities?

By the way, no offense to California, I know you guys have some awesome trails and great off roading out there. But I cannot justify the high cost of living out that way. Also, the wife already said Alaska is a no go. Yeah, I am not happy about that.

Please include some names and descriptions of some of the trail systems you all have as well.

#2 ·
Nevada has a dirt roads that pretty much cover the state. Pretty rugged in most areas and remote.

#8 · (Edited)
You can test your car in the mountainous state of Colorado. Here, car owners turn cars into extreme all-terrain vehicles. On the car can be installed giant wheels with a deep tread, gates of pipes instead of doors, power bumpers. A popular car in the Range Rover region. From what I noted for myself the owners put Body Kits For Range Rover Vogue https://rng-t.com/body_kit/land-rover/range-rover-vogue/ . The front bumper weight increases the downforce of the front of the car. The rear bumper weight eliminates the appearance of air swirls under the rear of the car. This optimizes the grip of the wheels with the road surface. Side body kit protects the car's rapids from rust, which can cause contamination with lumps of dirt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.