Worst stuck - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by countryboy88, this thread has received 17 replies and been viewed 1192 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-19-2006, 05:52 AM Thread Starter
In the passing lane

Send a message via AIM to countryboy88
Worst stuck

I want to know about your worst stuck. I have had good luck and not gotten stuck that bad. I want to know what I should not do.

Truck: 1990 Ford F-250 5.0 EFI, 4x4 , Longbed, 5 speed w/ Hurst shifter, K&N FIPK, Line-X Bed liner, Ford Racing Valve Covers, 2 1/2 in exhaust w/ 4 inch SS tips, A pillar pod filled with Autometer Pro Comp Ultra Lites , Custom switch box w/ 5 switch panel, and more to come

In The Passing Lane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-19-2006, 02:03 PM
Supporting Vendor

Was in the woods with my wheeler truck. Decided to drive up a ravine, ya know straddle the washout. (its pretty hilly around here) the ravine (gully) decided to sluff off and down the truck went on the passenger side and was wedged in there with the pass side jammed against the bank and the pass side wheels off the ground. It was pretty ugly.. Dirt was packed against the pass side window. I was just waiting for it to blow out. After about 300 foot of strap 2 buddy of mine were able to drag the truck out on its side.

Josh Davis
32 Lugnuts, 4 gallons of rotella Syn, 5 gallons of coolant, Two Heads, 8 Pistons, 7 U-Joints, 8 Injectors and some exhaust.
You know you are doing something right when the Ford dealers call you for parts.
6.0L Ford
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iR2w7Ciaut8
6.4L Ford
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KmgiQg4G8E
WWW.RIVERCITYDIESEL.COM
(309) 699-2488
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-20-2006, 04:09 AM
Let Me See Yo Grille

I SUNK my old 94 wrangler in a major pit beside a river a few years ago. I had just got the winch put on like a week before, and boy was I glad! That was when it only had 35s on it. I've got a crazy video of me wheelin' it on slickrock at tellico with 39.5s that has the major pucker factor. Too bad I have no idea how to upload videos from a vhs and somehow to the computer.
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-20-2006, 04:23 PM

Hmmm...lessee....I made the front end of an 86 toyota go swimming in a ravine, had the same truck in mud so deep I had to pull a dukes of Hazzard exit to hook up the tow rope, had it balanced on top of a dirt pile (all four wheels off the ground). My 90 big blazer has been buried, almost flipped (pucker level was high that night) left overnight in a field :shrug: and other fun stuff.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-20-2006, 07:24 PM

Id say its a toss up between these 2.

Apparently there is a BIG log underwater in the first one that I am parked on top of. I got the world famous "you can make it along the left side NO PROBLEM!".

The second one was just nothin but mud - no way to go but down. Should have known better, but I thought if a 4-wheeler made it through, why cant I?

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-20-2006, 08:30 PM Thread Starter
In the passing lane
Threadstarter

I was talking about on 4 wheelers but you guys have made me want to know more about the 4x4 stucks. I want to hear about both.

Truck: 1990 Ford F-250 5.0 EFI, 4x4 , Longbed, 5 speed w/ Hurst shifter, K&N FIPK, Line-X Bed liner, Ford Racing Valve Covers, 2 1/2 in exhaust w/ 4 inch SS tips, A pillar pod filled with Autometer Pro Comp Ultra Lites , Custom switch box w/ 5 switch panel, and more to come

In The Passing Lane
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-20-2006, 09:01 PM

Stuck my 99 2wd 7.3 attached to a tandem axle trailer full of oak firewood on the back part of my parents 4 acres after a rain. Somehow my dad's Land Rover pulled both out and up a gradual slope to boot.

I broke the RR bead on my 99 Polaris 400 Explorer while 6' down a ditch with 40+ degree banks. Luckily 2 people were stupid enough to tether a rope to the front rack and I actually drove it out and home on only 3 tires.

In college we sunk a 89 4x Pathfinder up past the rockers in a recently rained on 'dried up lake bed' about 250' from any decent ground. After the deputy sheriff called the tow truck the driver said, "$75 if you hook it or $300 if I got to walk out there." Needless to say we hooked it.

I miss wheelin'!
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-21-2006, 12:18 AM

Lets see on the quad I took a ride with my daughter on a trail that loops around camp and seen this little mud puddle on the side of the trail no tracks going into it so figured I'd be the first. Big mistake as I started going in I knew it was bad as my front end dropped straight down over the rack in this gooey clay, no problem I figure I'll just back out, wrong so I figured I'd just hammer it and go through since the hole was no longer than my quad, wrong again my rear end dropped in and with every rotaition of my 28" outlaws I just sank another couple inches. After the clay engulfed my quad I decided walking back to camp was the only option left.

2004 F350 Built by Ford fixed by PDR Diesel, Xtreme tuned by InnovativeDiesel, gauges by ISSPRO
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-21-2006, 09:00 PM Thread Starter
In the passing lane
Threadstarter

WOW. I realy know what not to do. But thats not saying that I wont do it.

In The Passing Lane
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-21-2006, 10:36 PM

The saying in our groop is your not having fun till someone is breaking out the tow strap or winch cable. Half the fun is getting stuck or rolling your quad over, heck your not using your quad to it's fullest potential till it is stuck.

2004 F350 Built by Ford fixed by PDR Diesel, Xtreme tuned by InnovativeDiesel, gauges by ISSPRO

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode