Color of sandrail - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by dieselchic, this thread has received 6 replies and been viewed 2776 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-30-2006, 09:39 PM Thread Starter

Color of sandrail

OK guys thinking of painting the sandrail. Any suggestions on what colors we should go with? We don't want all one color. More like a base color then highlighted in another. :shrug: What do you guys think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-31-2006, 11:46 AM
TDG Member Since 2004?

Garage
Does it have a body? Or just tubing. Pics would be nice...

-Evan

2000 Ford F250, Merillion, 6sp, AIC, DPTuner, BB turbo, Adreneline pump, modified IDM.

1998 Mercedes E300, Custom injector nozzles, soon to have Eaton M90 supercharger, 7.5mm pump elements, Holset HX40 turbo and a full custom intake and exhaust system = 400HP from 3.0l
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-31-2006, 03:08 PM
The Big Meanie

it has no body....just the frame tubing.....dont have any pics of it yet. I was thinking of all white with chrome rims, lights, etc......and have a canvas ragtop made of the Confederate Flag..........:shrug: :shrug: just an idea....right now it is dark blue........everything, with white rims. Way too plain. Need to bling bling it out some............

kevin

1996 Dodge 3500 Ex. Cab LB Wide Hipper
Boys Stroke It...Men RAM It
Dually Club Member
Farm Club Member
If I Get Caught Drunk On My Horse, Is It A DUI Or A RUI???

I Got A Named Bubba
In Progress...
FOREVER FARMS
What Is A Farm With No Barns?

Quote:
[Today 9:22 PM] GrnMachineLover: I just think diesels in cars are funny
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-01-2006, 05:14 PM
TDG Member Since 2004?

Garage
If it's not already done, something you can do to really set your rail apart from the rest is to radius your joints with body filler before painting. This seems like a little thing but believe me it makes a difference in the appearance.

As for color, on the frame I'd go for either bright yellow or a darker metallic red. White is good too and you might want to consider a "pearlescent" white to add a bit of flair. My buddy has a W30 Hurst Olds which, of course, is white but when you get up close, it has pearl highlights. That really makes it custom!

On the rest of the rail I'd go for gloss black on the engine, trans and suspension components. Chrome for the lights, some engine components like the alternator and valve covers and maybe the air filter. Chrome for the wheels and dashboard too.

-Evan

2000 Ford F250, Merillion, 6sp, AIC, DPTuner, BB turbo, Adreneline pump, modified IDM.

1998 Mercedes E300, Custom injector nozzles, soon to have Eaton M90 supercharger, 7.5mm pump elements, Holset HX40 turbo and a full custom intake and exhaust system = 400HP from 3.0l
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-02-2006, 04:33 AM
In the passing lane

Send a message via AIM to countryboy88
What about color shifting paint on the rails, and a white pearl flame or something, and of course you have to have some chrome.

Truck: 1990 Ford F-250 5.0 EFI, 4x4 , Longbed, 5 speed w/ Hurst shifter, K&N FIPK, Line-X Bed liner, Ford Racing Valve Covers, 2 1/2 in exhaust w/ 4 inch SS tips, A pillar pod filled with Autometer Pro Comp Ultra Lites , Custom switch box w/ 5 switch panel, and more to come

In The Passing Lane
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 03:01 AM
Suck,Squish,Bang,Blow

Dump the chrome. It looks cheap. Go with billet or polished aluminum. The filler on the welds is a great idea and looks even greater when done. Gives it that "somethings different but I just can't place it" look. If you want the flag theme stay with one of the colors within...the red the white or the blue. What ever you go with definately get something special about that paint, must have more than just color.

Kinda bums me we sold ours last year.

2004/04 F-350 6.0L(b.o.d. 12-11-03)
Just a couple of Mods :Thumbup:

More toys than time...
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-04-2006, 03:01 AM
Suck,Squish,Bang,Blow

Dump the chrome. It looks cheap. Go with billet or polished aluminum. The filler on the welds is a great idea and looks even greater when done. Gives it that "somethings different but I just can't place it" look. If you want the flag theme stay with one of the colors within...the red the white or the blue. What ever you go with definately get something special about that paint, must have more than just color.

Kinda bums me we sold ours last year.

2004/04 F-350 6.0L(b.o.d. 12-11-03)
Just a couple of Mods :Thumbup:

More toys than time...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode