Diesel - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by hccumminssmoke, this thread has received 13 replies and been viewed 1398 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-11-2007, 08:08 PM Thread Starter
Official TDG Doctor

Diesel

I am looking for a diesel four wheeler. I know Polaris made/kes one and Artic Cat just came out with one. Are there any others? Any suggestions? Does anyone have any experience with them?

Kickin' It At The Passing Lane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-13-2007, 01:47 PM

I heard the polaris was a gutless turd... I always wanted one, but talked to my friend that is a dealer and he said they were no good. Hopefully the Artic Cat one will do good.

07 3500 5.9 QC LB AT 4x4 Edge Additude w/hot unlock S&B intake 5" Magnaflow exhaust
Trucks Sold
93 F250 7.3 Turbo SC LB 5 Speed 4x4 XLT Stock
2006 F350 6.0 CC LB AT 4x4 King Ranch SCT etc
2003 F350 7.3 SC LB AT 4x4 XLT H2E and more
1993 F250 7.3 LB IDI 2wd 5 speed XL Pump turned up
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 08:49 PM

I heard the acrtic cat one is a beast, its a twin piston diesel.
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 08:49 AM
D_B

The Polaris was a loud rattling machine for sure. Those things would rattle and shake something awful at idle. They had lots of torque but only ran about 35mph. I have seen one with a small turbo from a kubota engine on it that made a hudge differance in power but the fuel flow was just too limited to get much out of it.

The AC is brand new, only thing I've heard is it also isn't very fun to ride but would be great for the farmer/rancher that spends lots of time at slow speeds.

Nothing else out there unless you get into the utiliy vehicles.

DB

1999 Dodge Ram 2500 LWB, Intense Blue, 5spd,
4:10's, all kinds of goodies and doodads!

NRA Lifer
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-20-2007, 06:21 AM

What engines do the older diesel ATV's have?
I'm thinking about buying a ArticCat. Looks promising.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-21-2007, 05:01 PM

for someone that likes big tires and deep mud or the boring worker rider I think the Arctic Cat would be sweet they said they hooked it up to a full size dodge and drug it around, even locked the brakes on the dodge and didn't even bog the motor just spun the tires. But as stated earlier doesn't sound fast if thats what your in it for.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-08-2007, 03:42 AM

the arctic cat diesel well do 55 mph and the eng is from lambini out of italy they builb small oilburners for genarators and the have been doing it for a long time. i think it will be a good atv but not sure how fun i looked at one at the dealer and it has to be one of the heavyest build atv iv ever seen its frame and racks are strong and welded together write.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-10-2007, 11:30 PM
Hillbilly Deluxe

if some one is lookin for a diesel side by side we just got a Kubota RTV900 a while back and its been awesome. 4x4 1200lb hydraulic tilt bed 4x4 with lockers and real tree camo its been great. will run about 30mph and pull our 300gal water tank like its nothing and thats 2400lbs

06 LBZ CCSB, EFILive DSP5 tuned by IdahoRob, 68mm Fleece Cheetah Turbo,PPE stg 5 trans, Precision ML converter,PPE deep pan,PPE ported fuel rail,PPE fuel shim,tripple pillar w/ ultralite II's,6" cognito NTBD,Cognito UCA's,Cognito supports,ADP PCV Re-route,3'' MBRP downpipe,Billet resonator plug,MBRP stainless 5'' Straight Pipe, 6''MBRP black tip,Banks Tecnicooler,AEM Brute Force polished intake,EGR blocked, ReadyLift keys,PPE tie rod sleeves,AFE 3'' Intercooler tube,18x9 XD HOSS on 35'' toyo m/t,6000K HIDs,Kenwood touchscreen,Treo 600.1, 2-10" ID subs, 100 gal bed tank w/ transfer pump,superhoopII steps,Line X'd, Recon LED 3rd brake,smoked front corners, ranch hand bumpers front and rear,debadged,bushwackers
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-18-2007, 02:36 AM

The artic cat weighs about 800 lbs. i believe. pretty beefy.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 04:05 AM

You're all in luck! I've had mine for just under 300 miles and I really enjoy using it for getting things done. It's a work rig, not a race toy like the kids might want. I plowed the driveway (2/3 miles) and the easement (1 mile) all winter with it and it wasn't bothered at all. Punctured a nice 1.5 inch hole in the plow blade and broke a filament on the winch cable somehow, but the ATV didn't suffer at all. I did add a engine block heater to it so it'd start easier when it's cold out, but other than that I haven't done a thing. It's full of stickers saying it's parts are made in Germany and the engine is Lombardini from Germany too I believe. I think it needs a couple pounds of turbo boost, but I'm pretty happy with it. With my fat ***, it weighs about 1000 pounds even, maybe a little more with a full 5.5 gallon tank. The fastest I've had it up to is about 43 MPH and it went through about ten gallons of diesel this winter. The CVT transmission it awesome :Thumbup: because it keeps the RPMs right where they need to be. I don't doubt it could tow a Dodge Ram. It's got a nice low range, selectable 4X4 or 4X2 and if you're in 4X4 you can lock in the front differential too. Makes it a challange to steer that way, but it can get you out of a pickle. I can't say enough good about it. A little bit of 2 cycle oil, about a cup or so per five gallons, and the clatter quiets down and the idle smooths out. I don't like this new ULSD. Doesn't seem to have enough lubricity for my liking... I bought it last October or maybe September thereabouts. Ask me anything...:smoke:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode