Revival of the dead! 86' 200sx - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by imported_STANG302, this thread has received 0 replies and been viewed 537 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 06:07 PM Thread Starter

Revival of the dead! 86' 200sx

Well I'm getting back into four wheeling. After five years of college and getting into the working world. Now I'm ready to head back to the trails I decided it would be cheaper to rebuild my old 1986 Honda 200sx. Than to buy a new or newer used quad. I'm going through it top to bottom. Already replaced brakes, bearings, bent tie rod, plastic, front master cylinder, both rear brake cables, twist throtle, new throtle cable, seat cover, plastic gas tank. You get the picture. I've been picking up parts as cheap as possible off ebay. Only had to go to honda once for parts.

I am now down to the last item before I can put her back together. The motor, it ran before I started tearing it apart last summer. But its over 20 years old and it was starting to run a little rough mainly do to the carb. So I rebuilt that and found an aftermarket exaust. So off comes the old and snap goes the lower exhaust stud! So after pushing that project to the side this summer its time to get back into it and finish.

With no sucsess getting the exhaust stud out, with out drilling it out. I decided to just rebuild the top end while I'm at it. So the head is getting sent off friday to get rebuilt. Cam is getting sent to Web cams to get reground to there mid range profile with there double valve springs. And the jug is getting bored .5mm over. Which leaves one question left. Should I go with the 12:1 piston or stick with the stock 10.25:1? Will the stock rod put up with the power of the new cam and higher compresion? I'm also puting in a better than stock clutch. Is there anything else I should worry about breaking going with a higher compresion piston? Any help is appreaciated. Will post some pics of my current progress later.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode