Borrego Springs State Park Trails and Washes (Pics) - Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com
Thread Details Posted by fords4life, this thread has received 0 replies and been viewed 920 times.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 12:40 AM Thread Starter

Borrego Springs State Park Trails and Washes (Pics)

We were down in Ocotillo Wells this weekend and I decided to take my truck up into Borrego and run some trails and washes on Sunday morning. Headed up San Felipe Wash into Borrego State Park and then took off up Blow Sand Canyon, made our way up it pretty quick, mostly in 4HI just to take it easy on the truck. Came back down into San Felipe via Goat Trail with was pretty much just cruisin down in 2HI. The last pick I made was Borrego Mountain Wash. There were a couple times I wish I had turned around, but the truck made it through with ease. Only had one time that it got hairy, the back end started to slide on the rocks a little, and I think I got away with less than a couple inches before major body damage. I used 4LO on this wash a couple times as I didn't want to break anything tryin to push it. Had an absolute blast and this thing is capable of a lot more than I had given it credit. 4LO is freakin awesome! I even backed up a pretty steep (35-45 degree) sand stone rock to get out of the way of a Hummer H1 that was going the opposite way. I will definitely be going back for more trails and washes. Here's some pics

They aren't the greatest, but they work. I forgot to change a couple things on the camera before I gave it to a friend to snap some pics so things are a little washed out. The angles are a little off too for showing some of the obsticles, but I'm still really happy. Only problem was it pushed my ailing steering gear box to the end and it's leakin out the bottom pretty good now, gotta try and replace it tomorrow night!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Truck Forum - TheDieselGarage.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode