The Diesel Garage banner

Any Interest in an '05 Brute Force 750 with a bad motor

13K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  ripmf666 
#1 ·
Well my 750 Brute Force took a dump in June. So I took it to a shop, who did absolutely nothing with it for three weeks.:bang So I went and got it and took it to a buddy of mine who used to work at that particular shop, and is now out on his own. He went through the motor; new rod, new piston, cam timing chain, seal kit, etc. Put it back together, rode it for a few days to make sure all is good. He put 12 miles on it and the motor went down again. He said either a used motor (as Kawasaki doesn't sell crate motors), or complete rebuild with no guarantee of reliability down the road.

I don't have time to mess with it anymore, so I'm putting out some "feelers" so to speak to see if there is any interest in an '05 Brute Force 750 with a bad motor. :thumbdown

Thanks, Sam

#4 ·
I still do have it actually. I took it to a kawasaki shop to have it looked at here a while back and they quoted me over 4 grand:damnit to rebuild the motor. Said it is almost completely shot. They offered to give me 700 bucks for it. So I suppose that much would probably buy it.

#7 ·
4 grand is a rip off.. I race fourwheelers.. I currently have a brute force with a motor alot bigger than a 750.. HC Pistons, cams, and even the crank and rods arent brute force rods ( i spun a rod bearing). Brutes spin rod bearings like nothing.. If you own a brute, it is a 85% chance you will prolly spin a rod bearing in less than 1000 miles.. I have a little over 4 grand in my motor, and like i stated, it is way larger than a 750 stock

#8 ·
You trying to scare me? Mine brute has 600 on it so far. Buddies had more with no issues.. Maybe my purchase of the extended warranty wasnt a waste in the future..lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.