The Diesel Garage banner

Starting Issues!!!

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  blk smoke lb7 
#1 ·
I have an '03 and it has not been running since Feb. Dealer changed glow plug, fuel assembly lines, cleaned injectors and changed the injector pump. After big bucks, it still doesn't run. Any suggestions???

#2 ·
What were the original symptoms that led to the truck being in its current state?

#3 ·
The orginal problem was contaminated fuel. The dealer changed everything and claimed to have it running. I picked it up drove 25 miles parked it and it wouldn't start it again. Took it back to the dealer and then they claimed the codes led to the injector pump. Changed the pump and the supply hose because the hose had a leak. The last code that was pulled EGR.

#4 ·
very inportant check the feul presure if an lb7 doesnt produce atleast 1500psi the bosh fuelinjection will not operate.i installed an engine that sat for 9 years and i couldnt get it to fire cranked over like a million bucks but wouldnt fire,i had 2 stuck injectors,pull the glow plugs and pull the fuses for the injectors so they dont spray also pull glow plug fuse or disconect the hot lead to the glow plug controler,crank the truck over the holes that you get spray out of are the 1s that are stuck,mine were the back 2 on each side,had to clean off both sides and replace the 2 injectors and it fired rite up also go to UNCOMMONDIESL on you tube and he has a video,he had a high volume pump and a duel fueler and still couldnt make over 800 psi to his injectors untill he replaced 2 of them. good luck bud hope this helps

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.