The Diesel Garage banner

performance issues

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  BriteWhiteRam 
#1 ·
Having an issue with my '03 when I hammer down on it on the fly (usually between 35-50 mph) it starts to act like it is flooding and won't go over the rpm's it ramped up until I let up the accelarater and ease back into it to get up to speed. I have airaid air intake, Edge Juice w/ monitor, 4"MRBP turbo back. When I put it on stock it doesn't do it as frequently however it is doing it regularly on level 3 . Any clues?

#2 ·
Sounds like the transmission is limiting power due to clutch slippage.

#3 ·
fuel filter getting clogged would be my guess, or the mass airflow sensor getting dirty/oily, I would lean towards either as they are rather simple to check both. Hope that helps.

#4 ·
The edge module may be defueling due to excess EGT's, Boost, or transmission slippage, check your edge manual to see how you can change those defuel points

If the engine revs up then its a transmission flare because the allison hasn't learned to deal with the extra power that you adding with the Edge, allow the transmission to learn a new tune well before abusing it

And like Dux2Bux said change your fuel filter and check your MAF sensor

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.