The Diesel Garage banner

2008 F250 Leveling kit

22K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  joe22790 
#1 ·
Hello first off i have read the pages of these forums front and back and i see so many answers to my question but im not sure which is the correct so ill try again.

I have a 2008 F250 i currently just purchased 35" Toyo MT to go on my factory 20" rims. Now im looking at buying this kit atm

the 2.5" ready lift with the 4 inch blocks.

Now my question is i know the front has to be raised 2.5 " but do i really need to do anything to the back of the truck lift wise? I am just unsure and i dont wanna spend money on something i dont really need. Any help would be appreciated.

#2 ·
Most leveling kits are made to raise the front of an F350 level with the back. The reason your getting the rear block would be to raise the back of your F250, to the height of an F350. Make sense?

#3 ·
Sorry, i dont want to start another thread for this, and i hope not to hijack his thread, but does $369 for a 2.5" ready lift, installation, and wheel alignment (if need be) sound in the right ballpark?

#4 ·
On the F250, yes you need a taller rear block. Otherwise the front will be higher than the back. Like fine69 said, most leveling kits are designed for the F350, which have a taller rear block than the F250. Keep in mind a rule of thumb about ubolts, when you remove them you should replace them with new ones. They aren't that expensive for the piece of mind.

Good luck!

#6 ·
Yes, for an F250, it will to be raised if you put a Front Leveling kit (2.5")

Your options for the rear:

-f350 blocks
-purchase aftermarket rear blocks
-purchase rear bag leveling system (firestone)
-purchase rear add a leaf system (this is the route I chose)

#7 ·
Top Gunz 1 1/2 inch kit with Bilstein shocks

Top Gunz has put together a kit using Skyjacker 1 1/2 spring and Bilsteein shocks. That should be about right for a F250 running 35's right? I have bags to help level back and it also has Bilstein shocks. Any thoughts?

#10 ·
35" fit stock 08 Fx4 F250??

I am about to purchase Toyo M/T 35x12.50R20.. The overall diameter is 35.0 and overall width is 13.0 I have the 20" Gear rims that were an extra option with the FX4 package when I bought the truck. The dealership gave me Goodyear wranglers that SUCK! They did give me 56K miles but nobody has been able to balance them properly. They shake like hell on the highway even with max 80 psi. and cake up as soon as I hit wet dirt. They are 34.1 overall diameter.

So anyway, will I be alright with the 35" w/o a lift? My truck sits almost perfectly level and I have seen another F250 FX4 same year "no lift" with the 35" toyo's but he had aftermarket bumpers.. Any thoughts?

#12 ·
My truck currently has 35x12.50's Terra Grapplers on my stock 20 inch wheels without any lift or leveling kit. I had to trim the inner fender slightly and it works until I install my ICON 2.5 inch lift and OUO Traction blocks. U can probably get by with 35's, but I am not sure I would go offroad and push the suspension without the lift. Hope this helps....

#14 ·
I am sorry, my tires are Trail Grapplers and here are the specs. I think you will be fine since our back spacing should be same. If you change wheels then it is a different story and you will probably need a lift.

Specs:

35x12.50R20LT E121Q Diameter 35.04 Width 13.39

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.