The Diesel Garage banner

'04 3500 with death wobble, 3 shops say front end is fine

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  bmoeller 
#1 ·
My friend has an '04 that is doing the death wobble when he hits a bump the right way. I the past month he replaced every tie rod end, rebalanced the front tires, had the front end aligned, installed a new stabilizer, to try to remedy the death wobble.

He brought it to 3 front end shops plus to dealers they all tell him the front end is fine. Are the spec limitations for this truck's front end sloppy to begin with.

I put the truck on a drive on lift and could not get any play out of the track bar.

any suggestions?

#2 ·
I could not get any play out of mine manually when in the air. I had my wife saw the wheel back and forth when the truck was on the ground, while I laid on the driveway and watched the underside. Thats when I saw things sliding left to right. An upgrade to the Thurenfab track bar tightened things up nicely. No more death wobble.

#3 ·
Agreed. I love my thuren unit also. Very stout. Pricey but worth every penny; for confidence while towing! Also safty I experienced the "death wobble" and it is not fun.

#4 ·
#5 ·
The ball joints are a common problem on the AAM axles as well. Some junk within 30k miles. :damnit

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.