The Diesel Garage banner

edge chip questions

2K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  Liftedpsd 
#1 ·
just got me a 7.3 f-250. ( 2001 )

it came with 4 "exhaust all the way no muff and the edge system . Ive started to play with the edge computer and looked at the settings.. it has towing and yadda yadda... was woundering what setting is best just for daily driving and best gas milage.

dont hurt me to bad im new :poke:

#3 ·
Dont really know what to tell you, other then the lowest settings will most of the time give the best MPG, but ??? I have never run edge...

#5 ·
it doesnt have lvl 5 on it lol.. all i see is towing, race, then extrem

#6 ·
sounds like you have an evolution, when you said a system i think most people assumed you were talking about the juice w/ attitude controller that allows you to switch programs on the fly and monitor boost, egt, and rpms. on the evo your best fuel mileage setting should be your tow setting.

#7 ·
yea thats what i have. what are the horse power raitings on all 3??? 60 80 100??? or what??

#9 ·
what do you mean it has no trany programming???? that might be the reason why my transmission shifts a little hard... ( suncoast trans )

#10 ·
definitely could be a big part of it, but if you have a suncoast it's probably just the valve body causing it to shift hard alot like a shift kit in a muscle car etc. My trans. shifts hard but it's because i have my predator raising the line pressure so it shifts harder.

Does it feel like the tranny is slipping between shifts or is it more like a quick hard shift?

#12 ·
then it sounds like your tranny is just set up to shift hard, with the evo on a stock tranny it shifts kinda slow and bogs a bit between shifts that why i'm getting rid of the evo on my mom's excursion soon.

#14 ·
I'm gonna put my diablosport predator in there and get a chip from dp-tuner for my truck. I like my predator i just wanna be able to change settings on the fly. Instead of having to reprogram my truck to change power settings.

#15 ·
Hey Jeff I told you that the trans was built for that truck!! :poke: :evil:

#17 ·
In my expierence with the edge attitude if i run it in 5 and dont get on it to much i gget the best fuel mileage...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.