The Diesel Garage banner

SCT live wire

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  gobigorgohome 
#1 ·
Does anyone have one?

#3 ·
Darn, shoot...

#6 ·
It sounds like it is the SCT tuner as well as gauges all in one. I wonder if it will be able to switch tunes on the fly.

#7 ·
No, it won't shift-on-the-fly. The way it is set-up where it stores your stock file, that option is not yet available. It's pretty cool though.

Here is a brochure. I'm sorry if it's kind of small but it's 8 1/2x11. I had to make is smaller, else it was too large to download.
Thanks,
Vivian

Attachments

#8 ·
So will this be just as good as an Xcal2 for tuning? Because I should be in the market right around the time it comes out. I have heard that it is more directed towards the gasser end of things. But seeing as it has the guages and such built right and I want an SCT I see this as being perfect for me as long as it will do just as good as the Xcal2

#9 ·
yamaman said:
So will this be just as good as an Xcal2 for tuning? Because I should be in the market right around the time it comes out. I have heard that it is more directed towards the gasser end of things. But seeing as it has the guages and such built right and I want an SCT I see this as being perfect for me as long as it will do just as good as the Xcal2
The Livewire will use the same programs as the Xcal2.

We'll have to get our hands on them for testing to see what can actually be done with the diesel's, as far as on screen data logging.

#11 ·
alright sounds awesome guys. So you tihnk you guys will get your hands on them sometime in January or february? make sure you let us all know how they make out. I think I will be going this route anyway

#14 ·
The features listed below are directly from SCT brochures for both products.

Features for Xcal2:
Backlist Display Screen
Removeable OBD II Cable
Upgraded Heavy-Duty Case & Cable
Expanded Device Memory
Support for more applications
Larger Data Logging Capacity

Features for the Livewire:
Expanded Device memory
Supports More Applications
Larger Data Logging Capacity
Simple On-Screen Menus
Built-in Performance Calculator
Real-Time Instrumentation
2-Channel Analog Port (0-5volt)
USB Programmable
Built-in Shift & Warning Lights
Dash or Window Mounting

The display of the Livewire shows guages for Air/Fuel Ratio, Boost, RPM, Engine Timing, Last Est. HP and Last Est. TQ.

Hope this helps out. :Thumbup:
Thanks,
Vivian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.