The Diesel Garage banner

New diesel owner...

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  FATSO 
#1 ·
So I see what I've been missing out on in power!!!!!! Just got my 2008 F250 Lariat 4x4 Crew so far I like it but someone needs to WOW me with some upgrades (wheels, tires, exhaust.....) Question if you buy a Lariat does it automatically come with leather????

#2 ·
for the exhaust, the duramax 07 emissons guys are cutting out the dpf/cat and setting sensors aside unmounted and putting in a strait pipe. for wheels/tires everyone has there own opinion. i'm not sure what to refer you for on the 08s. but for tires I'm partial to BF Goodrich all terrains 35x12.50 on a 4.5" donahoe racing lift.

#4 ·
The lariat always comes with leather.

And I've used 305's on my truck(02) with great success. No tire rubbing. I plan to put a set of 305 Goodyear Silent Armor's on in the fall.

#8 ·
I think 315's will definitely rub. If your planning to keep it stock height then the 305's would be the best chice.

#9 ·
315s will definetely rub if you don't lift it. If I was you I would put a 1.5", 2" level kit on it. It would probably still fit in your garage, and it will make your truck look so much better. As far as brands of tires, I have run BFG, Nitto, & Toyo on my trucks. So far I like the Toyo M\T the best. But they are a bit more aggressive. The Toyo A\T is also a really good tire. Don't buy Nitto.

#11 ·
KT Performance said:
I would get a brush guard, air intake, exhaust and I'd hold off as far as chips go and see what comes out in the next 6 months or so. JMO
have they come out with an exaust for the 6.4 yet I was told by some people that I know here in my town that have bought the 6.4 that they made them sign a contract saying that you will not touch the exaust on the truck. did anyone else have to do this?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.