The Diesel Garage banner

Stage 3 Super Vp44

2K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  Smokem 
#1 ·
Check this outPoke here

It's FarmBoy Diesel performance's truck. His motor is fully built, HTT 64/14 + Custom B2 twins, DDP injectors. You may know of his truck on the net racing the viper. He said he was barely touching the pedal.

#2 ·
I wonder if he has a Cam.

I believe he was barely on it because of those big turbos he gots. That truck could use something like a blower to go with those turbos to clear out some of that smoke. I'm sorry that's a little stupid blowing out that much black smoke on a light throttle. I mean I love passing one of my X girlfreinds and blowing a load of soat in her car with a good snap throttle. But I'd hate to put up with something like that.

#3 ·
dang, at low throttle that hazes like crazy. Off road use only, wow. Thats nuts.

#10 ·
I would like to know more about this super VP. Any info?

#12 ·
As for the blower comment, i don't think it will be to far away either because some of the detroit engine run or ran blowers and no turbos. Blowers would help get off the line better until the turbos got spooled. :smoke

#15 ·
Moose 04 said:
i think this pump might actually be something to get my hands on. how does everyone else feel about this?
Be aware this pump is going to require alot of custom work. Custom injector lines, custom injectors, crossover tubes etc. Farmboy said he had to put a SO pump on his truck i think because he was having troubles with the SuperVP, and the SO pump couldn't even supply enough fuel for the huge injectors he was running.

#18 ·
Piers has already been working on a twin turbo set up that also included a paxton style supercharger I believe (I don't know much about blower and superchargers). I've also seen a built 7.3L with a paxton supercharger.
Sean

#21 ·
mrector said:
Piers already did a roots blower, like the one below....

Yeah, I wasn't sure the details on the whole project, and if/when it was finished. But thinking back on it, I first heard about it, god almost 2 years ago I think. So they had better be done with it. I wasn't sure what style charger they went with, but thanks for clearing that up.
Sean

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.