The Diesel Garage banner

smarty HP ?

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  smokeyourdiesel 
#1 ·
I cant find any HP ratings on the mads website and the papers that came with the smarty doesnt have any HP ratings.

could anyone tell me what the HP ratings are for each SW program?

thanx guys

#2 ·
smarty add about 65hp. thing about the smarty u have to watch what u stack it with. on my old truck with a smarty and drag comp i made about 70hp less than just running the drag comp by itself. smarty was on level 8. dont get me wrong it felt like the truck had another 100hp but when i put it on dyno it said other wise. a buddy of my ran his on level 9 with a drag comp and made 30hp more. my truck didnt like that much timing. i have heard that if you use a box that just does fuel plus the smarty on level 9 that it will make more power.

#3 ·
how much torchure do you think a stock auto can handle? would I be able to run level 8 on my smarty and not hurt the trany?

#4 ·
level 8 and 9 are the same. level 8 does not add any timming. as for hp any stock tranny will not handle much more than 65hp. my dad with ez+air intake+exhaust (about 80-90hp gain total) he started to get shutter in the tranny after about a year. ANY HP THAT IS ADD TO A STOCK TRANNY WILL COOK IT. ITS JUST A MATTER OF TIME. ALSO IT DEPENDS ON HOW YOU DRIVE IT. drive like u got some brains it will last a little longer.

#5 ·
Thats funny, i was talking to a friend about an hour ago about the same thing. Like you said, he was dynoing with smarty on #8 fueling only and comp on 5x5, cant remember exact numbers, low to mid 400, then dynoed with just comp and numbers went over 500. Just goes to show not all trucks will respond the same and how other mods may effect this.

#6 ·
smokeyourdiesel said:
smarty add about 65hp. thing about the smarty u have to watch what u stack it with. on my old truck with a smarty and drag comp i made about 70hp less than just running the drag comp by itself. smarty was on level 8. dont get me wrong it felt like the truck had another 100hp but when i put it on dyno it said other wise. a buddy of my ran his on level 9 with a drag comp and made 30hp more. my truck didnt like that much timing. i have heard that if you use a box that just does fuel plus the smarty on level 9 that it will make more power.
I think it depends on if your a SO or HO series engine...HO series truck don't except the electronics as well...

Like me with my SO and stacking Smarty and Edge Comp I had such a gain from the stack that I could slip my clutch on command... So for the HP I'm producing with my Edge Comp is 381/826 so stacked I know I passed the 400 HP mark...

#7 ·
Mopar1973Man said:
I think it depends on if your a SO or HO series engine...HO series truck don't except the electronics as well...

Like me with my SO and stacking Smarty and Edge Comp I had such a gain from the stack that I could slip my clutch on command... So for the HP I'm producing with my Edge Comp is 381/826 so stacked I know I passed the 400 HP mark...
my truck was a 01 with standard motor. with a stock vp+fass+drag comp+ddp 200hp sticks+htt quick diesel 64 i made 508hp on a load dyno. that same comb + the smarty on level 8 was 442hp on a load dyno. my buddy also had a drag truck an it killed him on the top in. he ran darn near 3/4 sec faster with out it. he agreed with me on that it felt like it gave the truck another 100hp. best thing is p pump it get rid of that electronics. with a single charger an 125hp shot of nos made 780hp+. i was going to p pump mine before it decide to take dump on me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.