The Diesel Garage banner

My Rant Thread! Sorry need to let this out somewhere.

5K views 58 replies 8 participants last post by  Angel Bunnie 
#1 ·
I am from NC and lord knows how many diesel trucks are in this state..but one thing I am really sick and tired of is these half arse 18 wheeler wannabes that throw out the black smoke when I am behind you ...do you people even care when theres someone behind you? I'm not saying all of you are bad because I like the engineering that went into building a diesel , I am just referring to the posers that blow out the black smoke for crap sake give it a rest or at least get stacks so that way it will blow vertically and not backwards too other drivers like me ...ok I am done ...(this is only done because it has to be said I have almost crashed from being blinded by this crap) u all know who I am talking about too...so don't act like you haven't done it...and no I'm not some 13 year old just ranting I am 26 and don't even be like (how old are you bla bla bla) the end

#2 ·
Do you have a truck yourself? Did you get the site address from somone blowing smoke on you whom had a sticker from the site?

Do you drive a prius? That could be the main cause of being smoked often.

#4 ·
You going to answer my other question? Did you get the site address from somone with a sticker? Do you personally know the person? By how you stated "you know who you are" makes it sound like you know who the person is, and should take it up with them, VS coming onto a site where everyone is going to likely agree with the side of the guy with the truck.

I can think of so many things to say right now, both rude, and polite; assuming, and factual.

#5 ·
no...I simply typed in "diesel truck forum" in yahoo search and this first came up...I just don't get why u guys have to blow the smoke in traffic there are already countless things to worry about while driver and I'm sure other people are annoyed by it also.

#10 ·
I can't tell you how much it pisses me off when some moron tailgates me. You don't want black smoke in yer face... don't tailgate. Most people on here don't just blow smoke at randoms for the joy of it. Yeah, i admit, a bunch of us tear around blowin' smoke in PA, but we never do it unless we are tailgated, cut off, flipped off, or in an open area and we are playing around (without afflicting others).

And i agree with NukleusX... just because ya got smoke blown on ya doesn't mean that it was from someone on here.

#6 ·
Ride my :bubba, you get smoke or a bumper. cut me off ill return the favor and then you can suck on my :coal..

Them are the times i :coal

Welcome to TDG

#7 ·
Well, some trucks cant help it. Depending on the year and make of trucks, when you turn up a mechanically injected engine, it can be hard to keep the smoke down in certain driving conditions. Now a brand new truck is different. Some people just like to make smoke.

On the other hand, people towing, or hauling a load in the bed, smoke comes from the engine being under load. It happens.

Were you driving closely behind the person? I know for a FACT I can and will blow smoke on anyone who tailgates me, or pulls up too close to me at a stoplight. Go ahead, call me names, think I am a bad person. I actually think it gets people thinking a little bit on their bad driving habits.

#34 ·
:whs

#9 ·
Good point Jeremy, if a truck is loaded with a poorly match or failing turbo it will smoke like a freight train Unintentionally

#12 ·
"Quote chevy/GMC= duramax, dodge= cummins, and ford= powerstroke end quote" I am not a ******* nukleusx and its not just one brand it's all brands guy did on the blvd for no reason i was not tailgating or anything in a powerstroke ..and a while back ago a cummins did it to me real bad once again not doing anything to piss him off

#14 ·
I am not a ******* nukleusx and its not just one brand it's all brands guy did on the blvd for no reason i was not tailgating or anything in a powerstroke ..and a while back ago a cummins did it to me real bad once again not doing anything to piss him off
Well, to be completely honest, we stated our cases. Sounds like you got some dillhole drivers. We told you WE HAVE REASON to do it. We dont do it un-warranted.

You seem like you want to argue. You are better off just leaving.

THOUGH​

Just remember, if you cant beat em, join em. :thumbsup

Have a nice day. :)

#13 ·
:thinking..

#15 ·
Alright.... if you don't like smoke being blown... please refrain from whining about it or using this site. This is a DIESEL community, we LIKE diesel, we LIKE blowing smoke, and we LIKE helping each other. So please, if you don't have anything positive to contribute, don't yell at us.

#19 ·
i can't justify myself to paying 19,500-23,500 for a 04'ish duramax powerstroke cummins and so on as i just don't see how it's worth that for being that year even though they can go like 600k easily ...maybe if they would lose enormous amounts of value like other vehicles then i would consider but until then money wise for me it is out of the question

#21 ·
If that truck is nearby you, go check it out if you have time. Since it is at a dealer, see about what they might give you on a trade in. :thumbsup

#23 ·
No matter the brand find a truck you like that burns #2 and you will be happier then a pig in poo, if you ever owned a gas truck you will understand y most of us will never go back to a Gasser :five.

Its Addicting.

#25 ·
NO

Drugs are bad according to Mr Maccy of south park

Unless its Nitrous injection on your diesel :peelout

#29 ·
seems like the guys over at jeep been smoking on the MJ also, seeing as how they SHOULD offer more diesel powerplants, and simply dont. :bang

#28 ·
I would sport a diesel liberty for a second toy..

#31 ·
why not do a engine swap of a Cummins 4bt into a grand cherokee instead? :D

#37 ·
Now we're talkin! You're catching on fast! Just find an engine for the conversion, and find other means of getting to/from work/whatever til you are done with it!

Then you can blow smoke on tailgaters, AND have more power! :haha

#36 ·
You have kept it in very nice shape.. Good looking truck in the back ground :five

#38 ·
thanx yup thats the stepdads f150 crew cab in the background and the front looks so shiny with the paint cause when my brother had it he rear ended some one and the whole front has basically brand new paint on it lol from the end of the fenders to the back it is all OEM paint and only has 140k right now not to shabby for a 92'

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.